This creamy spinach corn sandwich is a healthy creamy breakfast recipe. This is a vegan, healthy, easy, and quick sandwich. And this is a kid-friendly breakfast also.
Something very close to my heart!! Spinach corn sandwich!! This sandwich is one of my favorite sandwiches. When it comes to this green sandwich, I'm totally nostalgic about it.
This sandwich reminds me of my old corporate days. It used to be my daily routine that after office hours or even on holidays I used to go to the crossword bookstore, read there for some time, pick a book then straight to CCD to grab my favorite sandwich and a cup of Cappuccino. I never got bored of that combination.
Spinach Corn Sandwich
This is healthy and your kids will love this yummy sandwich. To make it even more healthy replace all-purpose flour with wheat flour or almond flour. Serve hot with any kind of sauce of your choice.
However, I have not added any cheese to this but still, it's the same creamy and seems cheesy. Also, read another quick vegan potato sandwich (masala toast sandwich) recipe, potato cheese sandwich recipe, chili cheese sandwich, pizza sandwich, Chilli cheese toast, Vegan Savory french toast (bread besan toast), paneer cheese toast here.
This is an easy recipe and takes less than 30 minutes to make this sandwich from scratch. Less than 15 minutes to make the spinach corn stuffing and making sandwich. And rest 15 minute to cool the stuffing little before putting on bread slices. Else it will make the breads soft and soggy. I personally prefer to cool it for 8 - 10 minutes or till it's little warm.
How to make cafe style spinach corn sandwich?
Spinach: This is the main ingredient for stuffing. Wash and air dry the leaves before adding them to the pan. This is because spinach will release water.
Corn: Corn kernels frozen or fresh. Blanch it first for 1 - 2 minutes before sauteing.
Flour: Flour will help in giving creamy texture and will help in giving consistency. You can take refined flour or wheat flour.
Almond Milk: Almond milk and flour make the mixture creamy. Almond milk or oat milk do best for this recipe. I have not tried it with coconut milk though. If you are vegetarian, then you may choose your dairy milk for the recipe.
Onion & Garlic: These add flavour to the spinach mixture. You can replace fresh onion garlic with onion powder and garlic powder.
Spices: Salt and pepper. You can also garnish with some red chilli flakes.
Step 1 - Prepare Spinach Corn Stuffing
Heat vegan butter or olive oil in a pan. Saute onion and garlic till fragrant. Then add chopped spinach and blanched corn kernels. Saute till spinach is half cooked.
Sprinkle some flour and give a nice stir. Now add non-dairy milk slowly and gradually. Make sure no lumps in mixture. Simmer for 2 - 4 minutes or till it turns creamy consistency. Don't add too much water or too much flour.
If you are vegetarian (not vegan), here you can add some extra grated cheese also for the cheesy mixture. But honestly, no cheese is required for this creamy sandwich.
Take off heat once it's creamy in consistency. Allow it to cool for sometime before stuffing in breads.
Step 2 - Stuff the bread slices
Place 2 - 3 tbsp stuffing between slice of breads. Brush the breads with ghee or butter.
Step 3 - Grill the sandwiches
Place the sandwiches on sandwich toaster or grill pan and flip when both sides turns brown and crisp. Sprinkle some chilli flakes and serve with any sauce or dips.
Recipe card for vegan spinach corn sandwich
Spinach Corn Sandwich Recipe
- 1 tbsp Vegan Butter or oil
- 2 cups Spinach leaves washed and chopped
- 1 cup Corn kernels Boiled in salt water
- 1 small Onion finely chopped
- 2 Garlic pods minced
- 1 cup Almond Milk (dairy for vegetarian)
- 1/2 tsp Refined Flour (or wheat flour)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 12 Bread Slices
- 5 tbsp Vegan butter (for buttering the sandwich)
- 1 tbsp Chilli flakes (for garnishing)
- Ketchup or green chutney
Prepare Stuffing of Spinach Corn
- Boil the corn kernels for 2 - 5 minutes till they are cooked.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a pan.
- Add chopped garlic and onion and saute for a minute.
- Add corn kernels and chopped spinach leaves.
- Saute till spinach half cooked.
- Sprinkle the flour and saute for another minute.
- Add 1/2 - 3/4 cup non-dairy milk and stir well. Season with salt.
- Add milk slowly & gradually else it will make lumps in the mixture.
- Simmer till the mixture is reached thicker creamy consistency.
- Take out from heat and transfer to another plate to cool the spinach corn stuffing
Making of Sandwich
- Take the bread slice and apply 1 - 2 tbsp spinach mixture on the bread slice.
- Cover it with another slice.
- Grease the pan with butter.
- If making on skillet or grill pan, apply butter on one side and place it on it. Brush butter on another side and flip it with the help of a spatula.
- Remove from heat when both sides are crisp and turns light brown.
- Serve with chutney or ketchup. To make them spicy, sprinkle chilli flakes on the sandwich.
- Cool the stuffing completely before stuffing inside bread slices.
- While applying butter to bread press it gently so that bread will stick with stuffing.
- Add chili flakes on stuffing spreads to make them spicy.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.
PIN IT FOR LATER