This spinach corn sandwich is a healthy creamy breakfast recipe. This is a vegan, healthy, easy, and quick sandwich. Creamed spinach is stuffed in bread slices and grilled to crispy and golden.
A creamy spinach corn sandwich is a tasty treat that's easy to make. It's all about mixing spinach and sweet corn with a creamy sauce to create a delicious filling. This filling is then spread between two slices of bread and toasted until it's warm and the bread becomes a little crispy.
The creaminess of the spinach and corn mixture makes this sandwich a yummy and satisfying choice, whether you're looking for a quick lunch or a snack to enjoy. It's a great way to add some veggies to your meal while still keeping it delicious and comforting. And this creamy spinach corn sandwich is vegan too.
Instead of using dairy, it uses plant-based ingredients to make it creamy and yummy. Inside the sandwich, you'll find a mixture of spinach and corn, which are both tasty and healthy. These ingredients are mixed with vegan cream, which makes the filling smooth, tasty, and healthier.
Spinach Corn Sandwich
This is an easy recipe and takes less than 30 minutes to make this sandwich from scratch. Less than 15 minutes to make the creamy spinach corn stuffing and make the sandwich. Let the stuffing come down to room temperature (5 - 10 minutes). Otherwise, it will make the slices of bread soft and soggy.
How to make a spinach corn sandwich?
Spinach: Wash and air dry the leaves before adding them to the pan.
Corn: Corn kernels frozen or fresh. Blanch it first for 1 - 2 minutes before sauteing.
Flour: Flour will help in giving a creamy texture and will help in giving consistency. You can take all-purpose flour or wheat flour.
Unsweetened almond milk: Almond milk and flour make the mixture creamy. If you are vegetarian, then you may choose your dairy milk for the recipe.
Onion & Garlic: These add flavor to the spinach mixture. You can replace fresh onion garlic with onion powder and garlic powder.
Spices: Salt and pepper. You can also garnish it with some red chili flakes.
Step 1 - Prepare Spinach Corn Stuffing
Heat vegan butter or olive oil in a pan. Saute onion and garlic till fragrant. Then add chopped spinach and blanched corn kernels. Saute till the spinach is half-cooked.
Sprinkle some flour and give a nice stir. Now add non-dairy milk slowly and gradually. Make sure no lumps in the mixture. Stir continuously till it comes to a creamy consistency. Simmer for 2 - 4 minutes.
If you are vegetarian (not vegan), here you can add some extra grated cheese for the cheesy mixture. But honestly, no cheese is required for this creamy sandwich.
Take off the heat once it's creamy in consistency. Allow it to cool for some time before stuffing in breads.
Step 2 - Stuff the bread slices
Place 2 - 3 tbsp stuffing between slices of bread. Brush the bread with ghee or butter on top and bottom.
Step 3 - Grill the sandwiches
Place the sandwiches on a sandwich toaster or grill pan and flip when both sides turn golden brown and crisp. Sprinkle some chili flakes and serve with any sauce or dips.
- vegan potato sandwich
- potato cheese sandwich
- chili cheese sandwich
- pizza sandwich
- chilli cheese toast
- vegan savory French toast (bread besan toast)
- paneer cheese toast
Vegan Spinach Corn Sandwich
Spinach Corn Sandwich Recipe
- 1 tbsp vegan butter or olive oil
- 2 cups spinach washed and chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels Boiled in salt water
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup almond milk (dairy for vegetarian)
- 1/2 tsp all-purpose flour (or wheat flour)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 bread slices
- 5 tbsp vegan butter (for buttering the sandwich)
- 1 tbsp chili flakes (for garnishing - optional)
- ¼ cup Ketchup any favorite dip
Prepare Stuffing of Spinach Corn
- Boil the corn kernels for 2 - 5 minutes till they are cooked.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a pan.
- Add chopped garlic and onion and saute for a minute.
- Add corn kernels and chopped spinach leaves.
- Saute till spinach half cooked.
- Sprinkle the flour and saute for another minute.
- Add 1/2 - 3/4 cup non-dairy milk and stir well. Season with salt.
- Add milk slowly & gradually else it will make lumps in the mixture.
- Simmer till the mixture is reached thicker creamy consistency.
- Take out from heat and transfer to another plate to cool the spinach corn stuffing
Making of Sandwich
- Take the bread slice and apply 1 - 2 tbsp spinach mixture on the bread slice.
- Cover it with another slice.
- Grease the pan with butter.
- If making on skillet or grill pan, apply butter on one side and place it on it.
- Brush butter on another side and flip it with the help of a spatula.
- Remove from heat when both sides are crisp and turns light brown.
- Serve with any of your favorite dips or ketchup. To make them spicy, sprinkle chilli flakes on the sandwich.
- Cool the stuffing completely before stuffing it inside the bread slices.
- While applying butter to the bread press it gently so that the bread will stick with stuffing.
- Add chili flakes to stuffing spreads to make them spicy.
PIN IT FOR LATER