Spinach Corn Sandwich
Something very close to my heart!! Spinach corn sandwich!! This sandwich is one of my favorite sandwiches. The story of being nostalgic goes like this.
Near my home, there was a Crossword bookstore and a cafeteria (CCD). It used to be my daily routine that after office hours or even on holidays I used to go to the crossword, read there for some time, pick a book then straight to CCD to grab my favvv sandwich and a cup full of Cappuccino. I never got bored of that combination.
This is healthy and your kids will love this yummy sandwich. You may add extra cheese to this. To make it even more healthy replace all-purpose flour with wheat flour or almond flour. Serve hot with any kind of sauce of your choice.
Recipe card for spinach corn sandwich
Spinach Corn Sandwich Recipe
- Ketchup or green chutney
Prepare Stuffing of Spinach Corn
- Boil the corn kernels for 2 - 5 minutes till they are cooked.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a pan.
- Add chopped garlic and onion and saute for a minute.
- Add corn kernels and chopped spinach leaves.
- Saute till spinach half cooked.
- Sprinkle the flour and saute for another minute.
- Add 1 cup milk and stir well. Season with salt.
- Simmer till the mixture is reached thicker consistency.
- Here you can also add a few cheese slice to make it extra cheesy.
- Take out from heat and transfer to another plate to cool the spinach corn stuffing
Making of Sandwich
- Take the bread slice and apply 1 tbsp spinach mixture on the bread slice. Cover it with another slice.
- Apply ghee or butter on both sides and toast it in a sandwich toaster.
- If making on tawa or grill pan, apply ghee/ purified butter on one side and place it on it. brush butter on another side and flip it with the help of a spatula.
- Remove from heat when both sides are crisp and turns light brown. Serve with chutney or ketchup. To make them spicy, sprinkle chilli flakes on the sandwich.
- Add extra cheese slice to the sandwich for more cheesy taste.
- Cool the stuffing completely before stuff inside bread slices.
- While applying ghee/ butter on bread press it gently so that bread will stick with stuffing.
- Add chilliflakes on stuffing spreads to make them spicy.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.
PIN IT FOR LATER