This creamy spinach corn sandwich is a healthy creamy breakfast recipe. This is an easy and quick sandwich. You can easily make this vegan version or vegetarian version of this healthy sandwich. And this is a kid-friendly breakfast also.
Something very close to my heart!! Spinach corn sandwich!! This sandwich is one of my favorite sandwiches. When it comes to this green sandwich, I’m totally nostalgic about it.
This sandwich reminds me of my old corporate days. It used to be my daily routine that after office hours or even on holidays I used to go to the crossword bookstore, read there for some time, pick a book then straight to CCD to grab my favorite sandwich and a cup of Cappuccino. I never got bored of that combination.
Spinach Corn Sandwich
This is healthy and your kids will love this yummy sandwich. You may add extra cheese to this. To make it even more healthy replace all-purpose flour with wheat flour or almond flour. Serve hot with any kind of sauce of your choice.
However, I have not added any cheese to this but still, it’s the same creamy and seems cheesy. Also, read another quick vegan potato sandwich (masala toast sandwich) recipe, potato cheese sandwich recipe, chili cheese sandwich, pizza sandwich, Chilli cheese toast, Vegan Savory french toast (bread besan toast), paneer cheese toast here.
This is an easy recipe and takes less than 30 minutes to make this sandwich from scratch. Less than 15 minutes to make the spinach corn stuffing and making sandwich. And rest 15 minute to cool the stuffing little before putting on bread slices. Else it will make the breads soft and soggy. I personally prefer to cool it for 8 – 10 minutes or till it’s little warm.
How to make cafe style spinach corn sandwich?
Spinach: This is the main ingredient for stuffing. Wash and air dry the leaves before adding them to the pan. This is because spinach will release water.
Corn: Corn kernels frozen or fresh. Blanch it first for 1 – 2 minutes before sauteing.
Flour: Flour will help in giving creamy texture and will help in giving consistency. You can take refined flour or wheat flour.
Milk: Milk and flour make the mixture creamy. For vegan, choose almond milk or oat milk.
Onion & Garlic: These add flavour to the spinach mixture. You can replace fresh onion garlic with onion powder and garlic powder.
Spices: Salt and pepper. You can also garnish with some red chilli flakes.
Step 1 – Prepare Spinach Corn Stuffing
Heat butter or ghee in a pan. Saute onion and garlic till fragrant. Then add chopped spinach and blanched corn kernels. Saute till spinach is half cooked.
Sprinkle some flour and give a nice stir. Now add milk slowly and gradually. Make sure no lumps in mixture. Simmer for 2 – 4 minutes or till it turns creamy consistency. Don’t add too much water or too much flour. Here you can add some extra grated cheese also for cheesy mixture.
Take off heat once it’s creamy in consistency. Allow it to cool for sometime before stuffing in breads.
Step 2 – Stuff the bread slices
Place 2 – 3 tbsp stuffing between slice of breads. Brush the breads with ghee or butter.
Step 3 – Grill the sandwiches
Place the sandwiches on sandwich toaster or grill pan and flip when both sides turns brown and crisp. Sprinkle some chilli flakes and serve with any sauce or dips.
Recipe card for spinach corn sandwich
Spinach Corn Sandwich Recipe
- 1 tbsp Butter or ghee/ clarified butter
- 2 cups Spinach leaves washed and chopped
- 1 cup Corn kernels Boiled in salt water
- 1 small Onion finely chopped
- 2 Garlic pods minced
- 1 cup Milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1/2 tsp Refined Flour (or wheat flour)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 12 Bread Slices
- 5 tbsp Ghee (for buttering the sandwich)
- 1 tbsp Chilli flakes (for garnishing)
- Ketchup or green chutney
Prepare Stuffing of Spinach Corn
- Boil the corn kernels for 2 - 5 minutes till they are cooked.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a pan.
- Add chopped garlic and onion and saute for a minute.
- Add corn kernels and chopped spinach leaves.
- Saute till spinach half cooked.
- Sprinkle the flour and saute for another minute.
- Add 1 cup milk and stir well. Season with salt.
- Simmer till the mixture is reached thicker consistency.
- Here you can also add a few cheese slice to make it extra cheesy.
- Take out from heat and transfer to another plate to cool the spinach corn stuffing
Making of Sandwich
- Take the bread slice and apply 1 - 2 tbsp spinach mixture on the bread slice.
- Cover it with another slice.
- Apply ghee or butter on both sides and toast it in a sandwich toaster.
- If making on tawa or grill pan, apply ghee/ purified butter on one side and place it on it. Brush butter on another side and flip it with the help of a spatula.
- Remove from heat when both sides are crisp and turns light brown.
- Serve with chutney or ketchup. To make them spicy, sprinkle chilli flakes on the sandwich.
- Add extra cheese slice to the sandwich for more cheesy taste.
- Cool the stuffing completely before stuff inside bread slices.
- While applying ghee/ butter on bread press it gently so that bread will stick with stuffing.
- Add chilliflakes on stuffing spreads to make them spicy.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.
PIN IT FOR LATER