This post contains amazon affiliate links.
Air fryer buffalo cauliflower – a crispy, crunchy yet soft juicy baked (air fried) cauliflower florets in spicy buffalo sauce is a perfect appetizer. This is vegan too.
Buffalo cauliflower is a delicious appetizer. I make them too often for my cocktail party appetizers or as in when crave for this. And with air fryer these cauliflower wings are much simpler. Reduced time to cook and same crunchy bites is just irresistible.
Even if you don’t want the saucy wings, then make these simple flavored air fryer cauliflower wings. Anyways both the way, it makes a delicious vegan appetizer. If you are looking for some more air fryer appetizers, read my air fryer potato wedges and air fryer tater tots. I love the way I’m enjoying my appetizers in a healthier way.
In an air fryer, there is a fan that rotates the heat and that cooks the food quickly and evenly. So it works like an oven. In the oven also we bake the things in a similar way. But air fryer saves a little more time by quick cooking. The same buffalo broccoli you can make baked. Try my baked buffalo broccoli recipe.
What is buffalo cauliflower?
Buffalo cauliflower is nothing but the cauliflower wings with hot spicy buffalo sauce. The sauce is more spicy along with little sweetness to balance the flavor. So the cauliflower wings are coated with the sauce and baked. Or you can simply bake and after that coat with the sauce before serving. But I like to bake the sauce coated for extra 2 minutes so that it will be totally absorbed.
Here I have made these cauliflower breaded for a crispier bite. You can simply skip the breadcrumbs if you want only flavor and no crunchy bite of the cauliflower wings. In that case, just season the florets by adding the buffalo sauce to the florets and then air fry for said timings in my crispy cauliflower wings.
Why you will love this air fryer buffalo cauliflower?
- delicious appetizer
- easy to make
- quick, 15 minutes only
- no fancy ingredients
- few ingredients (5)
- Less oil – 1 – 2 tsp (optional)
- healthy snacking item
- vegan, soy free, nut free
- Kids-friendly snacks
How to serve buffalo cauliflower bites?
As I said, this makes a great appetizer. So if you are hosting some parties at your home, you can serve these real quick air fryer buffalo cauliflower. Apart from appetizer, this can be a delicious side to add. Also make your tacos with these spicy breaded cauliflower along with some slaw and some dipping sauce on it. This is a versatile dish I must say.
How to make air fryer buffalo cauliflower?
Ingredients:– Large cauliflower head, refined flour, corn starch, panko bread crumbs, paprika, salt, pepper, vegan buffalo sauce
Instructions:- 1st method (breaded cauliflower)
In a mixing bowl, add refined flour, corn starch, pinch of salt, paprika. Add water to make a batter of coating consistency. Now drop the florets into the batter and transfer to the seasoned breadcrumbs. Coat the florets nicely. Repeat for all florets.
Then spray little oil on the florets. Now start the air fryer at 380 F for 15 minutes. Toss at 5 minutes interval. After 10 minutes, remove the florets to a plate. Coat them with hot buffalo sauce. Now again transfer to the air fryer and cook for rest 5 minutes.
Note: – If you are making in batches, reduce the time by 2 – 3 minutes after the 1st batch as it starts to cook quicker than the 1st batch. Also, the large air fryers take a little more time than the compact ones. So adjust your timer accordingly.
Recipe Card for Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Wash and cut the florets into bite sized pieces.
- In a small mixing bowl, add refined flour, corn starch, a pinch of salt and paprika.
- Add water to make a smooth batter of coating consistency.
- Now in another plate add panko bread crumbs and season with salt, pepper, paprika.
- Now take the floret, dip it into the batter, then place on bread crumbs and coat nicely.
- Repeat for all florets and keep aside.
- Now place the breaded florets into the basket and spray little oil.
- Start the air-fryer at 380 F for 15 minutes.
- Pause and toss at 5 minutes interval twice.
- After 10 minutes, remove the florets and add the sauce to them.
- Mix it gently so that all florets will get coated.
- Now again place them back to the air fryer and cook for next 5 minutes.
- If your air-fryer is cooking quickly, then reduce the timer to 2 minutes in last batch.
- Remove from air-fryer and serve them hot.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket. Arrange in a single layer. If making in larger quantity, make in batches.
- If making in batches, reduce the time by 2 minutes after 1st batch as it cooks quicker.
- All air fryer cooks differently depending on brand and size. Large air fry may take more time than compact small and medium ones.
- Also, tender cauliflower gets cooked faster. So keep an eye on the cauliflower while pause and shake decide how much time it needs. Otherwise, cauliflower will be burnt easily.
PIN IT FOR LATER