This post contains amazon affiliate links.
Stir fried Cabbage and Green Peas
Stir-fried cabbage or cabbage fry is an easy everyday main course dish. It’s low in carb and calorie. Cabbage and green peas is an ultimate combination. This is one of the common Indian main course dish which goes well with any kind of bread.
This is prepared in many ways. e.g. in North Indian preparation, we use cumin seeds whereas in western and southern part mustard seeds and curry leaves. I have also added carrots to make it more healthy for kids.
If you like North Indian food, read similar posts on blog.
- Aloo Gobi Dry Masala
- Aloo Baingan
- Bhindi Do Pyaza
- Kashifal Ki Sabzi
- Bharwa Karela
- Stir-Fried Bhindi
- Ivy gourd Stir Fry
If you want to make this as weight-loss recipe then skip adding potatoes to the dish. Its a low carb dish. Cabbage is a superfood and full of nutrients. This low carb vegetable has numerous health benefits. Include this vegetable in your daily diet or at least twice to thrice weekly.
If you are following keto then remove green peas, carrots from your stir-fried cabbage and only stir fry cabbage. Read my keto sauteed cabbage with lemon garlic. You can also include red cabbage, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower to your keto stir-fried cabbage. Read my post on keto stir-fried vegetables in Asian Style.
Stir fried Cabbage & Green Peas
- 1 large Potato/ Aaloo
- 2 cup Cabbage shredded/ chopped
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 2 Carrots diced
- Salt as per taste
- 3 tbsp Refined Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seed: 1tsp
- 1 Green Chilli
- 5 Garlic pods
- 2 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Sabji Masala/ Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 Tomato Optional
- Take a frying pan and keep on high flame. Add 3-4 tbsp refined oil.
- Add 1 tsp cumin seeds and let it crackle. After that add finely chopped garlic, green chillies, onion chopped and stir till till translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Sauté till tomatoes are soft.
- Add medium diced potatoes, cabbage, carrots and green peas. Toss them well. Add salt as per taste.
- Saute for 5 min by stirring occasionally. Then add coriander powder, red chilli powder and turmeric powder and add them. Sauté for another 1-2 mins. You may add 1 – 2 tbsp of water to avoid burning of masala.
- Put a lid on the pan and cook for 10 – 15 minutes on low flame. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking at the base
- Avoid adding water completely but in that case you can add 2 tbsp oil more and completely stir fry it on low flame.
- Add a pinch of garam masala. (Optional) if you don’t like the taste of garam masala you may skip. Add ¼ teaspoon of sabji masala instead and stir well.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves and add few drops of lemon juice (optional). Serve hot with poori, chapatti, rice etc.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my Facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & Instagram @mydaintykitchen. Follow me on Pinterest @mydaintykitchenbyipsa
(Disclosure: This post contains affiliate link which means if you will buy a product through the link shared here, I will get some percentage of commission at no extra cost to you.)