This post contains amazon affiliate links.
Instant pot baked potatoes – A quick alternative to oven-baked potatoes. Perfectly crispy skin with cooked fluffy potato inside is what you need from the best baked potatoes. So here is my instant pot baked potatoes.
Baked potatoes are satisfying with really crispy outer skin and perfectly cooked fluffy potato plus yummy toppings. This makes a perfect blend of flavors.
These baked potatoes are delicious with the advantage of being a quick recipe. So you will save time cooking your oven-baked potatoes (which takes more than 60 minutes).
If you cook your baked potatoes in an oven, then these instant pot potatoes are such relief. This makes it ridiculously easy and convenient.
You don’t need to preheat and bake for such a long duration making the whole kitchen hot, especially in summers.
I also make baked potatoes in my air fryer, which is the best option for me. Since this makes the baked potatoes crispiest and with the same fluffiness. And it takes around 30 – 35 minutes depending on the size of potatoes and type of air fryer.
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
While we are making these potatoes using our instant pot, this will take around 15 minutes for cooking potatoes (plus 5 min extra). And then 5 – 8 minutes to broil or air fry. So if I will compare it with an air fryer, then it might not be a big difference.
However, you can broil the potatoes for 3 – 5 minutes to make crispy skin.
How to make baked potatoes in the instant pot?
This is an easy recipe that requires only minimal ingredients.
Potatoes – Though you can make this with any of the potatoes, the best one is russet potatoes. These potatoes have a little thicker skin which gives ultimate crispiness to the baked potatoes.
Butter/ Oil – Butter for better taste. However you can substitute this with either vegan butter or olive oil.
Seasoning – To keep it simple only salt. I prefer to add garlic, paprika to my seasoning. However, that is totally optional.
Toppings – Butter, chives/ parsley, sour cream, or any toppings you like to add.
Wash and clean the potatoes. Place them on the trivet in inner pot. Close the lid and start the instant pot at high pressure cook mode for 12 minutes. Let it release pressure naturally for sometime. Then quick release rest.
Remove the potatoes from instant pot. Season with melted butter and sprinkle salt on the potatoes.
Using Air Fryer
In the meanwhile preheat the air fryer at 400F for 5 minutes. Now place the potatoes in the air fryer basket. Set timer for 8 – 10 minutes. Flip in the midway at 5 minutes.
Broil in Oven
Place the seasoned potatoes on a baking tray and put inside the oven at broil mode for 3 – 5 minutes.
Serving Baked Potatoes
Check the doneness of potatoes using a knife. If it passes through nicely, then it’s done. Cut open vertically and fluff the potatoes with help of a fork. Now add butter and toppings of choice. Sprinkle some salt and seasonings on top. Also add some fresh herbs like chives, parsley, etc.
Recipe Card For Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
Instant pot baked potatoes
- Instant Pot
- Place the trivet inside the inner pot.
- Place potatoes inside and pour 1 cup of water.
- Now close the lid and seal the vent.
- Start pressure cooker mode for 12 minutes. (or 15 minutes for large potatoes)
- Once the timer beeps, allow it for natural pressure release for 3 minutes.
- In the meanwhile preheat the air fryer at 400 F for 5 minutes. (if using an air fryer)
- Then carefully open the lid of the instant pot.
- Remove the potatoes with help of a tong.
- Now brush the potatoes with melted butter or olive oil.
- Sprinkle the seasoning or rub it all over the potatoes with help of a brush (since potatoes are hot).
Broil in an oven
- Once remove the potatoes from instant pot place them on a sheet pan or baking tray.
- Season with salt and oil.
- Now broil the potatoes for 4 – 5 minutes to make the skin crispier.
Crisp it using air fryer
- Now carefully place the potatoes into the air fryer basket.
- Start air fryer at 400 F for 8 minutes.
- Once done remove from the basket and keep on a clean plate.
PIN IT FOR LATER