This low carb stir-fried zucchini is a vegan, gluten-free side dish and perfect to serve with rice or quinoa. This zucchini stir-fry is packed with loads of nutrients and healthy food for the keto diet as well.
Stir-fried veggies are quick and fun recipes indeed. I love stir-fried and sauteed vegetables. You can make them as a side or as a main course also. And more than anything stir-frying is the best method to cook veggies as the nutrients stay intact in this cooking method.
Read similar recipes:
- Sauteed green beans
- Stir-fried cabbage and green peas
- Sauteed cabbage with lemon garlic
- Stir-fried ivy gourd
- Indian okra stir-fry
How to make stir-fried zucchini?
Ingredients for Zucchini Stir-fry
1. Zucchini- This is the hero ingredient. I have taken green and yellow both types. Here you may love to add some other veggies like carrots, beans, mushrooms to the stir-fry recipe.
2. Onion & Garlic – Onion and garlic adds flavor to the dish. Alternatively, you may also add onion flakes/ powder and garlic flakes/ powder. But fresh minced garlic has that strong flavor to the next level. In such recipes, I always prefer fresh onion and fresh garlic.
3. Stir-fry Sauce- Here are many options you can use. But my recipe has only simple salt, pepper, hot sauce in it. Or simply you can add salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika. Also, you can use direct stir-fry sauce for this recipe.
Other variations of spices: To give it Indian touch, add coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder along with salt & pepper. Another option is to stir fry with teriyaki sauce.
Step 1: Prep Vegetables:
Eash and clean the zucchini. NO need to peel off the skin. Chop into equal-sized pieces. I have chopped into bite-sized cubes. Slice or roughly chop onions and finely mince the garlic pods.
Step 2: Saute/ Stir fry:
Heat oil in a pan. Now add garlic and onion to the pan. Saute till translucent. Then add zucchini. Stirfry on high flame for 2 minutes, stirring in between.
Step 3: Add seasoning & saute
Now add salt and pepper. Add hot sauce or paprika & cayenne pepper to this. Keep flame medium and cook for 5 – 7 minutes till zucchini is tender and cooked.
If you want to balance out the spice with a little sweet touch, instead add a tsp of honey/ maple or any sweet chili sauce. Teriyaki sauce also goes best with stir-fried veggies. Read my teriyaki green beans and mushroom recipe.
In my recipe, I have added hot sauce along with paprika as I like spicy ones more. Also, I have added dried red chili which is totally optional.
Vegan Stir-fried Zucchini
Alternative spices (option 2)
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 tsp tobasco or any hot sauce
- Wash and clean zucchini.
- Now chop the zucchini into bite-sized cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add chopped onion, garlic and saute till translucent.
- Add dry red chilli. but this is optional.
- Now add chopped zucchini. Give it a nice stir.
- Keep flame on high and saute for 5 minutes.
- Stir in between to avoid sticking or burning.
- Add spices, salt, and pepper. Mix gently.
- Cover with a lid and keep on medium to high flame.
- Keep on stirring in between to make sure it's not burning at the base.
- Check with a spoon or fork if zucchini is cooked or not.
- Turn off heat and sprinkle some chopped parsley.
If you like my recipes, stay updated. Subscribe via email to my blog. Also, connect with me on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my Facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & Instagram @mydaintykitchen. Follow me on Pinterest @mydaintykitchenbyipsa
PIN IT FOR LATER