This Zucchini stir fry is an easy, flavorful side dish. It's a vegan, gluten-free, low-carb dish and perfect to serve with rice or quinoa. Also, this zucchini stir fry is packed with tons of nutrients and is perfect for the keto diet.
Stir-fried veggies are quick and fun dishes indeed. I love stir fry and sauteed vegetables. You can make them as a side or as a main course also. And more than anything stir-frying is the best method to cook veggies as the nutrients stay intact in this cooking method.
Zucchini stir fry is an easy and quick vegan zucchini recipe. Add some summer squash or yellow zucchini for a colorful, vibrant, delicious zucchini stir-fry. Also, you can make them with minimal ingredients and spices. They will taste good too. This is vegan as well as gluten-free.
- Sauteed green beans
- Stir-fried cabbage and green peas
- Sauteed cabbage with lemon garlic
- Stir-fried ivy gourd
- Okra stir-fry
Why you'll love this zucchini stir fry?
I'm absolutely in love with this zucchini stir fry and I'm sure you will also love them. Just play around with spices, zucchini best absorbs the flavor of spices they are cooked into.
- easy to make
- vegan and plant-based
- can be made with different flavors
- 10 minutes cooking time
- few pantry ingredients
How to make zucchini stir fry?
1. Zucchini- This is the hero ingredient. I have taken green and yellow (squash) types. Here you may love to add some other veggies like carrots, beans, and mushrooms to the stir-fry recipe.
2. Onion & Garlic - Onion and garlic add flavor to the dish. Alternatively, you may also add onion flakes/ powder and garlic flakes/ powder. But fresh minced garlic has that strong flavor to the next level. In such recipes, I always prefer fresh onion and fresh garlic.
3. Stir-fry Sauce- Here are many options you can use. But my recipe has only simple salt, pepper, and hot sauce in it. Or simply you can add salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and paprika. Also, you can use direct stir-fry sauce for this recipe.
Add lots of minced garlic and herbs of choice along with salt and pepper with the zucchini and squash for a fresh herb-y flavor.
Mexican - Cumin powder, chili powder, paprika, salt & pepper, or taco seasoning
Indian- add coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and paprika along with salt & pepper.
Chinese/ Asian - Add stir-fry sauce and simmer to dry for 1 minute. Another option is to stir-fry with teriyaki sauce.
Italian - Add Italian herb mix or seasoning mix.
How to cut zucchini for stir-fry?
No need to peel - No need to peel off the skin of the zucchini.
Dice them into bite-sized pieces or slices with a thickness of 1/2 cm to 1 cm minimum. This will help in quick cooking as well as not make them soggy.
Don't overcook the zucchini as they may turn mushy and soggy easily. 4 - 5 minutes is enough for the zucchini to get cooked.
High Heat - Cook on medium-high heat. Avoid covering up the skillet with a lid since it will ooze out more moisture making the zucchini soggy.
Step 1: Prep Vegetables:
Wash and clean the zucchini. No need to peel off the skin. Chop into equal-sized pieces. I have chopped it into bite-sized cubes. Slice or roughly chop onions and finely mince the garlic pods.
Step 2: Saute/ Stir fry:
Heat oil in a pan. Now add garlic and onion to the pan. Saute till translucent. Then add zucchini. Stir fry on high flame for 2 minutes, stirring once in between.
Step 3: Add seasoning & saute
Now add salt and pepper. Add hot sauce or paprika & cayenne pepper to this. Keep flame medium-high and cook for 5 minutes till zucchini is tender and cooked. Stir them carefully to avoid making the zucchini soggy.
Don't cook them covered else it will release more water and become soggy.
If you want to balance out the spice with a little sweet touch, add a tsp of honey/ maple or any sweet chili sauce. Teriyaki sauce/ Worcester sauce also goes best with stir-fried veggies.
If you like spicy, add hot sauce and 1 tsp too. I have added hot sauce along with paprika as I like spicy ones more. Also, I have added dried red chili which is totally optional.
What to serve with Stir-fried Zucchini?
Serve this zucchini stir fry with any of the main courses, it will go well with all. Try this with steamed rice and drizzle some dipping sauce over them.
Add this to your burrito bowl or to the tacos. Serve them with pasta or noodles, You will love them too.
How to store and reheat?
Leftovers can stay food for 3 - 4 days in the refrigerator when packed right in an airtight box with a lid. But they may turn soggy when stored.
To reheat, microwave the leftover in a microwave-safe container for 1 minute or till the food is hot enough. You may stir it in half for even heating.
Or transfer the content to a skillet and heat on medium heat till it's hot enough.
Zucchini Stir Fry Recipe
Zucchini Stir Fry
- Wash and clean zucchini.
- Now chop the zucchini into bite-sized cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add chopped onion, garlic. Saute till translucent.
- Add dry red chilli pieces or chili flakes.
- Now add chopped zucchini.
- Toss to mix everything nicely.
- Keep flame on medium high and saute for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Stir occasionally to avoid sticking or burning of veggies.
- Add spices, salt, and pepper. Toss once more to mix.
- Check with a fork if zucchini is tender.
- Turn off heat and sprinkle some chopped parsley.
If you like my recipes, stay updated. Subscribe via email to my blog. Also, connect with me on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my Facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on Twitter @mydaintykitchen & Instagram @mydaintykitchen. Follow me on Pinterest @mydaintykitchenbyipsa
PIN IT FOR LATER