Keto Sauteed Green Beans With Garlic | Keto Garlic Green Beans
This keto sauteed green beans with garlic and butter is a perfect side dish that is easy and quick to make and helps in losing weight as well. It hardly takes 10 – 15 minutes to make this healthy sauteed green beans.
This is a great way to cook fresh green beans. This is a very basic recipe but at the same time, yet it’s one of the healthiest recipes. You can bake the green beans or simply stir fry or saute on a skillet.
Here I have added lots of garlic (5 – 6 large pods). Garlic brings on an awesome flavor in these beans. No other ingredients are used here. I have not added any other spices than salt and pepper. If you want this spicy then add some cyan pepper or paprika to this dish.
Sauteed Green Beans For Low Carb Diet and Keto Diet
This is a great dish for your weight loss as well. This is perfect for both the low carb diet as well as the keto diet. You can add some extra butter and cheese for the keto diet. Otherwise, also you can have this as it is as a side with your main course.
When you are on a low carb diet, use olive oil or any vegetable oil. And if you are on a keto diet then use butter in the process. You can also bake the beans with a layer of grated cheese for your keto diet beans. However, this buttery garlic sauteed green beans is also a perfect side dish.
Read another similar recipe: Keto Sauteed Buttery Garlic Spinach
Tips to make fresh green beans:
This is an easy and quick recipe and doesn’t need much preparation also. Just trim the ends and you don’t need further prepping also. Or you may chop them into halves.
I have finely chopped garlic pods. If you don’t have fresh garlic, you can sprinkle some garlic powder along with salt and pepper.
Blanch beans for 2 minutes and after that saute. You can also go ahead with sauteing without blanching too. But this will result in losing the fresh green color of the vegetable while cooking. If you will blanch you can retain the color and texture by washing in cold water for some time.
Don’t blanch for more than 2 – 3 minutes as we want a crisp texture and not soggy ones.
You can also blanch it well in advance and dip in ice water for some time. Then wipe off with a paper towel and store in the refrigerator for 1 – 2 days in airtight fridge box. So that you can saute it quickly in just 5 minutes when required.
You can add other herbs too like oregano, paprika, chive or cilantro to these beans. Here along with garlic, I have added only black pepper and some roasted sesame seeds.
Recipe Card For Keto Green Beans
Keto Sauteed Green Beans
- Wash and clean beans thoroughly.
- Trim both the ends.
- Now in a saucepan heat water to boiling.
- Blanch trimmed beans in hot water for 2 minutes.
- Remove from hot water to a strainer or colander.
- In a bowl take ice water and drop blanched beans in it.
- This will stop the overcooking of beans and retain its green color.
- After 2 – 3 minutes remove beans from ice water and wipe it with a clean towel.
- Now in a skillet or pan, heat butter or oil.
- Add finely chopped garlic and on a low flame saute for 15 – 20 seconds or till it starts to change color.
- Now add blanched beans into the skillet
- Add a little salt (to taste) and black pepper.
- On a medium flame keep sauteing for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Don't overcook the beans as the texture we need should be tender and crisp. Not soggy ones.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.