Green Beans Almondine is a perfect everyday side dish and great food for your keto diet as well. This is a plant-based whole food with crisp nutty toasted almonds.
Green Beans Almondine is an easy and basic french bean recipe. This is a healthier beans dish to serve for sides or as your low-carb snack. French beans are zero in carb/ fat and high in protein as well as fiber. That’s why this is one of the best vegetables for a weight loss diet. If you are following a low-carb diet or keto diet, you may trust this amazing green beans almondine.
Green Beans Almondine
Green beans are a high source of protein. And because of the high protein factor, you will not crave any food for long hours. So this helps in losing that extra weight. It’s always been a great food or vegetable to add to your weight loss diet. The protein component helps in building muscle mass or say prevents loss of muscle mass during the process of fat & calorie burning.
Green Beans are also referred as snap beans or string beans. If you are looking for any low-carb green bean recipes or meatless and vegan green bean recipes, then this recipe is just perfect.
On top of it, the crunchy toasted almonds complete the recipe. It’s simple yet so much full of flavors. You can toast the almond slices on a skillet or in the oven. Here I have toasted this in a small tsp olive oil just before sauteing the green beans.
How To Make Green Beans Almondine?
Let’s divide this recipe into 3 steps:
- Blanch the beans
- Toast almonds
- Saute beans with garlic
Very simple and easy and hardly takes 15 minutes. Also, it doesn’t take much pain for prepping. Just cut off top and bottom ends. All done.
Blanch the beans (3 Min + 2 min in Ice water)
Now before blanch, wash off thoroughly. Now blanch beans in water for 3 minutes. After that just remove beans from hot water and immerse in ice water for 2 minutes.
Toast Almonds (30 sec)
In a skillet or pan, heat a spoon full of olive oil on medium heat. Now saute sliced almonds for 20 – 30 seconds till it starts changing color. Don’t over-brown the almonds. Toast on medium-low flame. Once done transfer to a clean bowl.
Saute beans with garlic (4 – 5 Min)
Now in same oil add a few chopped fresh garlic and saute for 10 – 15 seconds till it becomes fragrant and starts changing color slightly.
Now add blanched beans. Add salt to taste and pepper. You may add some red pepper flakes or chilli flakes to the beans to make it spicy. On medium flame saute for 3 – 5 minutes. Don’t overcook as we need tender-crisp texture and not soggy ones. Keep stirring in between.
Remove from skillet and transfer to a plate. Add toasted almonds on top of it. Your delicious Green Beans Almondine is ready in 10 minutes.
Recipe Card for Green Beans Almondine
Green Beans Almondine
Prepping & blanching
- Wash and clean beans thoroughly.
- Trim both the ends.
- Now in a saucepan heat water to boiling. add a pinch of salt to it.
- Blanch trimmed beans in hot water for 2 minutes.
- Remove from hot water to a strainer or colander.
- In a bowl take ice water and immerse blanched beans in it.
- This will stop the overcooking of beans and retain its green color.
- After 2 – 3 minutes remove beans from ice water and wipe it with a clean towel.
- Now in a skillet or pan, heat oil.
- Add in slivered almonds and roast for 30 – 40 seconds or till it starts changing color.
- Then remove to a clean bowl for further use.
Saute beans and garlic
- In the same skillet, add finely chopped garlic and on a low flame saute for 15 – 20 seconds or till it starts to change color.
- Now add blanched beans into the skillet
- Add a little salt (to taste) and black pepper. Add red pepper flakes or chilli flakes.
- On a medium flame keep sauteing for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Don't overcook the beans as the texture we need tender-crisp. Not soggy ones.
- Remove from heat and serve on a plate.
- Place toasted almonds on top of it.
- Sprinkle some herbs or finely chopped cilantro leaves to garnish.
- Serve hot with any main course of choice.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.