Tofu and broccoli stir fry in garlic sauce - one of the easiest and delicious dishes with a delightful Asian flavor. And thanks to the flavorful garlic stir-fry sauce.
Bang on!! Memories!! Nostalgic!!
I'm very fond of Chinese flavors. And this Chinese garlic sauce aka stir fry sauce is so much a punch of flavors. It's easy to make instantly or store in the refrigerator for weeks for a quick dinner.
This tofu and broccoli in garlic sauce are too awesome and such a quick recipe, you will enjoy the flavors with the first bite itself. This recipe is totally vegan and plant-based.
Why this recipe works-
- this is easy, quick dish
- takes less than 15 minutes to make
- no preparation required
- few pantry ingredients required
- delicious, flavorful
- good for meal prep
- versatile to customize
Tofu and Broccoli Stir Fry
This tofu and broccoli stir fry is great as entrees. Serve them with steamed rice and drizzle some more garlic sauces over them and this makes a great dinner menu. Or serve them as sides with other main course items. It's gonna rock the table.
And I'm not exaggerating. If you are a fan of Asian cuisine and flavors, I'm damn sure you must have made this too. If not made them, try now. It's worth your 10 minutes effort for a delicious quick dinner.
Ingredients you will need -
Broccoli, extra firm/ firm tofu, onion, garlic cloves, green onions, and finally our stir fry sauce aka Chinese garlic sauce.
If you don't have the garlic sauce ready, don't worry. We can make the stir-fry instantly by adding the ingredient to the veggies stir-fry itself.
For that, you will need few ingredients -
- soy sauce
- sweet chili sauce
- ginger + garlic
- rice wine vinegar
- vegan oyster sauce
- toasted sesame oil
- corn starch
How to make tofu broccoli stir fry?
In a mixing bowl, add all the sauce ingredients mentioned above or check the recipe card for detailed ingredients and quantity.
Rinse and clean the broccoli and cut them into bite-sized pieces. Mince the ginger, garlic. Take garlic and ginger in a generous amount since they add a strong garlicky flavor to the stir-fry.
Remove tofu from the package and place it on a clean plate. Cover it with a kitchen towel and place some weight on it to remove extra water. You can also take the help of a tofu press to remove water. Then cut it into desired sizes.
Make crispy tofu
Sprinkle 2 tbsp cornstarch, salt, and toss with the tofu pieces. This will make the tofu crispy. Check out the crispy tofu recipe here.
Heat oil in a wok or skillet. Now add diced and coated tofu pieces and arrange them in a single layer for even cooking. Flip with help of a tong and make sure all sides are cooked equally. This may take 3 - 4 minutes. Remove from the pan once the tofu looked crispy and cooked well.
Cook tofu and broccoli in stir-fry sauce
Top the same pan, now add sliced onions. Saute till translucent. Add minced garlic and ginger. Saute for 1 - 2 minutes till it starts to turn brown. Add broccoli and saute for 1 - 2 minutes till it's just tender. Now add the tofu followed by the sauce mix prepared. Mix and simmer till all nicely coated with the sauce.
Turn off the heat once done and all sauce is well soaked up coating the veggies. Garnish with some freshly chopped green onions and toasted sesame seeds. Serve over steam rice or noodles.
Recipe Card for tofu broccoli stir fry
Tofu Broccoli Stir Fry
- Wok/ skillet
For Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 5 large garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 small onion Optional
- 1 head broccoli
For Sauce Mixture
- 4 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp vegan oyster sauce or hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 tbsp broth/ water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- In a bowl, add broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sweet chili sauce, vegan oyster sauce, chilli flakes, toasted sesame oil.
- Remove tofu from the package and place it on a clean plate.
- Cover it with a kitchen towel and place some weight on it to remove extra water. You can also take the help of a tofu press to remove water.
- Then cut it into desired sizes.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp cornstarch, soy sauce, and toss with the tofu pieces. This will make the tofu crispy.
- Rinse and clean the broccoli and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- Mince the ginger, garlic. (Take garlic in a generous amount since they add a strong garlicky flavor to the stir-fry.)
- Then heat oil in a pan.
- Heat oil in a wok or skillet.
- Now add diced and coated tofu pieces and saute for 3 - 4 minutes, tossing occasionally. Remove from the pan.
- Now add sliced onions. Saute till translucent.
- Add minced garlic and ginger. Saute for 1 - 2 minutes till it starts to turn brown.
- Add broccoli and saute for 2 minutes till it's just tender.
- Now add the tofu followed by the sauce mix prepared.
- Mix and simmer till all nicely coated with the sauce.
- Turn off the heat once done and all sauce is well soaked up coating the veggies.
- Or keep the sauce till desired consistency.
- Garnish with some freshly chopped green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve over steam rice or noodles.
If you like the recipes and want to stay updated, subscribe via email. Also, I would request you to like and share my Facebook Page. Follow My Dainty Kitchen on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Leave a Comment (And a 5 Star Rating)