If you are looking for some easy and quick recipes for fasting, these kuttu ke pakode are just perfect. These are deep-fried fritters made with buckwheat flour and boiled potatoes. These are gluten-free too.
Kuttu ke Pakode Or Buckwheat flour Fritters
Kuttu ke pakode are easy fasting recipes. This can be prepared in two ways,i.e. using boiled potatoes and sliced raw potatoes. Read my kuttu potato chips or buckwheat potato chips & Kuttu Aloo Tikki here.
Rock Salt & Crushed Black Peppers
Water- as required to make the batter.
How to make kuttu pakoda?
Take boiled potatoes. Peel off the skin and roughly break it into uneven pieces. Let them cool down to room temperature before adding the flour to it. When the potatoes are cold enough, add the potatoes, salt, and black pepper powder. Add water slowly and gradually making a batter of thick flowing consistency.
In a deep pan heat oil to heat. Drop the batter (appx 1 tbsp) into hot oil and fry till they are crispy and cooked (turns darker). Remove from oil and serve hot with curd or tea.
What is kuttu?
Kuttu is otherwise known as buckwheat. This is a plant and the grain-like seeds are edible but these do not fall under the grains category. This is also known as pseudocereal like quinoa and amaranth. Buckwheat mainly consists of carbs, especially complex carbs. This is also a good source of protein and fiber.
Read other vrat recipes on the blog: Kuttu Chips, Kuttu Aloo Tikki, Aloo Jeera, Aloo Tomato, Sama Chawal Khichdi, Sama Chawal Dosa, Sabudana Khichdi, Sabudana Vada. In sweet dish try my vrat special Sabudana Kheer, Aloo Halwa, Paneer Kheer, Fruits Raita, Singhade ki Burfi, Lauki Launj (halwa).
Recipe Card for Kuttu Ke pakode/ Kuttu Chips
Kuttu Ke Pakode or Buckwheat Flour Fritters
- Take boiled potatoes. Peel off skin and roughly crumble it into medium and small chunks.
- Add flour, black pepper & rock salt. Add 1/4 cup water slowly and gradually to make a medium thick consistent batter. The batter should be of thicker consistency.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadai.
- Once oil is hot, take 1/2 - 1 tsp batter mixture and drop it into hot oil. When its golden brown flip to other side.
- Once done both sides remove from heat and transfer to a clean plate.
- Serve with curd or tea as tea time snacks.
PIN IT FOR LATER