This post contains amazon affiliate links.
Sabudana Pudding / Sabudana Kheer
Sabudana or tapioca pearls is a high carb food. It’s free from common allergans. This is gluten free, nut free and grain free. So it won’t cause people with celiac disease, gluten sensitivity and nut sensitivity. It is a source of energy also supports weight gain and that is why this is one good food for babies and toddlers. It’s also has good amount of iron, calcium, manganese & folate. This makes sabudana a super food for kids.
In India, for fasting days this is one of the most popular food. You can make savoury and sweet dished using this sabudana. Sabudana Khichdi and Sabudana Vada are most common fasting recipes. These are very filling and keeps you full for longer. You can also make fritters and crepes from these.
How to make sabudana kheer
Sabudana kheer is very easy and quick recipe. This takes hardly 15 minutes to make serving for 2. You just need to soak them enough for 6 – 8 hrs. Then just boil in milk for 10 – 12 minutes and your dessert is ready. Add chopped dryfruits and ghee in the end to enhance the taste of pudding. You can add saffon strands also to give it a nice golden yellow color.
Sabudana Kheer For Fasting
- 1/2 ltr Milk
- 200 gm Sabudana (soaked overnight)
- 1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
- 6 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Dry fruits finely chopped
- Heat oil in a thick bottom sauce pan. And allow it to boil.
- Once it starts boiling, add sabudana to the pan.
- Keep stirring else sabudana will stick to the pan and will give burnt smell to the whole preparation.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder and 1.5 tbsp dry fruits. Stir well.
- Cook till it's little thicker and turn off heat.
- Cool it to room temperature and then refrigerate for 2 - 3 hrs before serving.
- Add rest of the dry fruits and serve chilled.