Crispy Corn Chaat Recipe
Crispy corn chaat is a great appetizer and an easy party snacks item. When we go to BBQ Nation, I just love the crispy corn they serve in appetizers. This crispy corn chaat is quite similar to that recipe.
The process might be similar or different. However when we are talking about crispy corn chaat, there are two ways of serving them.
Either serve fried corns with finely chopped onions, green chilli & coriander leaves.
Second way is saute the fried corns with chopped onion and garlic, green chillies, coriander leaves.
For that tangy flavor add lemon juice or vinegar. Vinegar is normally used while sauteeing with onion and garlic. This is an easy tea time snacks as well.
There is another healthy way of making corn chaat. That is different from this Corn Chaat as that is made from only boiled sweet corns. But for parties and get together, this makes a perfect snacks.
If you like easy appetizers, please read other few more quick and easy appetizers like Crispy Corn Kabab, Vegetable Seekh Kabab, Crispy Potato Lollipop, Hara Bhara Kabab, Spinach Cheese Balls., Paneer Corn Seekh Kabab.
Guys but be careful while frying these coated corns in oil. After dropping them into oil, it starts to burst spilling oil all over. So just be careful while dropping battered corns into oil. Do that as quickly as possible. Then immediately cover it with a lid for few minutes.
When I made this first time, I got many boils on my hand as I was bit slow in dropping the corns. So they started bursting out. And it’s painful in fact.
Recipe Card For Crispy Corn Chaat
Crispy Corn Chaat Recipe
- Boil corn kernels and cool it before adding any flour to it.
- Once its cold enough, add refined flour and corn flour to it. Mix well. If required add 1 tbsp water but don’t add more water. Just make sure the flour should only coat the corns.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Drop the kernels into hot oil. But careful as it might burst spilling the oil all over.
- Cover the pan to avoid such condition.
- Once the corns are done they will float on the surface of oil. remove them from oil and place on paper napkin
- Heat another pan and add 2 tbsp oil. Add chopped onion and garlic and saute till translucent.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and fried corns. Add pinch of salt, vinegar and saute for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
PIN IT FOR LATER
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my face book page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.