Looking for healthy appetizers that are kid-friendly also? Here is one of such healthy appetizers. Paneer Corn Seekh Kabab is a protein-packed snack made with paneer or Indian cottage cheese and corn. Serve this with cilantro dip.
Paneer Corn Seekh Kabab
Paneer Corn Seekh Kabab is one of my favorite appetizer. This is an easy to make dish and at the same time its a protein rich snacking item. For extra crunch I have added corn kernels to the kabab.
This is a healthy snacking item for kids as well. I have served them with my favorite condiment curd & cilantro dip.
You can, in fact, shape them like patties, crispy balls, or whatever shape you like. I have used skewers (seekh) and shaped them as log around the skewer. This looks similar to those of corn dogs. However, this is a meatless hotdog that is a healthy, delicious, and quick appetizer.
These are perfect for any get together, any party, or even for kids tiffin box. You can make the mixture in advance and refrigerate them for future use. You can deep fry or shallow fry the kabab.
If you are looking for party appetizers, please read few more quick and super hit party appetizers on our blog like:
- Vegetarian Shammi Kabab
- Spinach Cheese Balls
- Veg Seekh Kabab
- Crispy Corn Kabab
- The Best Potato Lollipops
- Hara Bhara Kabab
The list is even longer. Just play around with ingredients and keep making some new and better appetizers every time. Read here list of 31+ quick appetizers, 8 vegetarian kebab recipes, and 30+ street food recipes here.
Recipe Card for Paneer & Corn Seekh Kabab.
Paneer & Corn Seekh Kabab
For Making Paneer
- 1 ltr Milk
- 3 tbsp Vinegar
For Mixture of Kabab
- 8 - 10 tbsp Oil
- Boil potatoes and cool them completely. Then grate or mash them completely.
- Similarly boil the corn kernels in advance and cool before mixing with other ingredients.
- Heat milk in a pan and add vinegar to it. When it starts curdling stir it and remove from heat. Strain out from liquid.
- Now squeeze it hard to remove extra water from the paneer. Keep in mixing bowl. Knead it for 1 or 2 minutes before mixing with other ingredients to make it lumps free.
- Dry roast gram flour till it's fragrant and turns brown.
Preparing Kabab Mixture
- Take a mixing bowl. Add all ingredients mentioned in ingredients list under preparing Kabab mixture.
- Mix all ingredients together like a soft dough.
- Greese your palms with little oil. Take a small portion and roll it around the skewer making a log.
- Then roll them on smooth surface with lightly pressing so as to give it a even outer layer.
- Repeat this for all prepared logs.
- Heat oil in a pan and place the prepared kababs on hot oil. Don't over crowd the pan. Make in batches of 3 - 4 maximum.
- Turn around the kabab on all sides and shallow fry till they are evenly cooked and crisp golden grown on surface.
- Remove from heat and serve them with any dip or sauce of your chioce
PIN IT FOR LATER
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my face book page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.