This post contains amazon affiliate links.
Quick Spinach Cheese Balls With step-by-step instructions and photos.
Appetizers!!! Who doesn’t love them. Easy to make and delicious finger foods are most loved foods irrespective of the age group. These are again one of the favorite food for toddlers and kids. My kid who is 4 yrs old now loves potato bites, any cheesy appetizers. Since we know they love such food we try to include healthy ingredients to this. Also read similar healthy appetizers on blog like Vegetable Seekh Kabab, Crispy Corn Kabab, Hara Bhara Kabab, Veg Shammi Kabab. Also read my super hit recipe Easy & Quick Potato Lollipops.
These spinach cheese balls are also super easy to make. Here I’m using mozzarella cheese and you can take any processed cheese. I’m stuffing direct cheese cube.
You can grate them and add chilli flakes to the cheese and then make balls of that for stuffing.
When we are using direct cubes that needs more heat and cooking time for the cheese to melt completely. So remove cubes 5 – 7 minutes before stuffing into spinach.
To spinach either add garlic & onion powder and mix to the spinach paste. Else saute them with onion and garlic and then puree them together. I have added in powdered form.
This is a no potato recipe. So this is one best appetizer for diabetic patients as well.
However I would suggest if you are making especially for kids, you may consider adding mashed potatoes also for enhancing taste. Also read Spinach Corn Sandwich for kids.
This is an easy appetizer and healthy as well. It’s a good food for them also who are undergoing Keto Diet.
Read more about Keto Diet Here.
Recipe Card For Cheesy Spinach Balls.
Quick Spinach Cheese Balls
- Blanch spinach leaves for 2 – 3 minutes. Remove from hot water and transfer to iced water to retain color and stop further cooking. Then remove and strain out excess water.
- Grind to a paste without water. Add bread crumbs, salt, red chilli powder, onion powder, garlic powder. Mix them together and make a dough like mixture.
- Keep in refrigerator for 30 minutes to set properly. Then take out and divide into equal portions of lemon size.
- Apply oil on palms and make a disc shape from the spinach mixture.
- Divide one cheese cube into 4 equal halves. Place the 1/4 of one cheese cube on spinach disc and cover it from all ends. Roll on palms till it turns complete circle and no crack left on ball
- Repeat for all balls.
- Heat oil in a pan. Deep fry the balls till they turn their color slightly. Remove from heat and place on paper napkins.
- Spinach balls are ready to serve.
PIN IT FOR LATER