30 Popular Indian Street Food Recipes
Here is a collection of 30 best and most popular Indian Street Food recipes. The list is much more in fact. But I have compiled available recipes on the blog. The numbers will keep on increasing as I will keep on updating more recipes on blog.
Street foods are much loved in India. These are basically snacks and breakfast items that are sold by street-side vendors. These are maximum finger foods and fast food items. They may not be always healthy but they are really tempting. Such stalls are always crowded.
Indian Street Food Varieties
These are more popular in metro towns like Mumbai, Delhi and all. But this is not restricted to metros only. Even small towns are crowded with street food stalls. However, the availability is more near corporate houses, tourist places, schools, and colleges where there is a high demand for such food.
These are ready to eat foods or drinks sold by hawkers or street-side vendors. They use cycles, food trucks, food carts and are portable.
Indian Street Food is as diverse as Indian Cuisine. The majority is occupied by South Indian Foods like Dosa, Idli that is loved in other parts like North India, East India, West India equally.
The other popular regional street foods include vada pav, misal pav, pav bhaji, tawa pulao from West India, momos, bread pakoda, tikki chaat, aloo chaat, chole bhature from North India, dahi vada, golgappe, ghughni chaat from East India and so in South India.
Homemade Street Food Recipes
Here I will divide the street food into 7 sections;
- South Indian Snacks: Idli, Dosa, Uttapam, Vada, etc.
- Chaat Centre: Aloo chaat, papdi chat, Bhel, Ragda
- Indo-Chinese: Noodles, Fried rice, Manchurian, Chineses Bhel, Chinese Pakoda, momos
- Sandwiches: Chilli Cheese Sandwich, Masala Toast Sandwich
- Indian Snacks: Onion fritters, potato fritters, mirchi bhajji, moong dal fritters, palak fritter, samosa, vada pav
- Indian Breakfast: Chole bhature, masala poori, dahi vada, bread pakoda, bread roll
- Mumbai Special: Pav Bhaji, Masala Pav, Vada Pav, Misal Pav, Tawa Pulao
Below is the list with images. Click on the image or recipe title to direct to the recipe page.
I. South Indian Snacks/ Breakfast
II. Chaat Centre
III. Indo- Chinese Foods
V. Indian Snacks
VI. Indian Breakfast (Regional)
VII. Mumbai Special
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & Instagram @mydaintykitchen.