This post contains amazon affiliate links.
Aloo jeera is one of the simplest dishes. If you have boiled potatoes then it’s hardly a 2 – 3 minutes job. Delicious, quick and vegan stir-fried potato recipe.
Aloo Jeera (Stir-fried potatoes in Cumin Seeds)
The real and only dominating flavor comes from cumin seeds. It’s a quick dish that takes less than 15 minutes. We use cumin seeds in more quantity than those of the regular Indian curry or stir-fry recipes.
If you are looking for quick stir-fried potato recipes, then this recipe is perfect for you. This can be prepared with everyday pantry staples. No need of any fancy ingredients to make this curry.
Ingredients for Stir-Fried Potatoes (Aloo Jeera)
Also, this is no onion no garlic dish. In fasting days also you can make this dish. Only thing is to remember to add rock salt instead of regular salt.
So this stir-fried potatoes with dominating flavor of cumins is quick, delicious, and flavorful. However, in this recipe, I’m not adding any of our ground spices other than little coriander powder. Fresh coriander leaves are great options to give it a fresh herby flavor.
I have added finely chopped green chillies to make it spicy. So basic ingredients are potatoes, salt, cumin seeds, green chillies, coriander powder, coriander leaves. I would say coriander powder is optional too. You can try this with lots of fresh coriander leaves also.
How to Serve jeera aloo or stir-fried potatoes?
This is a versatile and simple dish. Try this combination of jeera rice, dal tadka, and jeera aloo. I love this combination. I have some nostalgic memories with this combo. This also goes well with roti, paratha, or poori. If you want to add red chili powder you can do so but I have added only green chilies to spice it up.
I love quick and easy recipes that can be made by everybody easily. If you like such recipes, please read similar quick recipes like Bombay potatoes, mix vegetable fry, kashifal ki sabzi, aloo matar, aloo tomato curry.
Recipe Card for Quick Aloo Jeera.
Easy 10 minutes Aloo Jeera
- Boil potatoes. Peel the skin and dice them into desired size.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add 3 tbsp cumin seeds and let crackle fully.
- Add chopped coriander leaves, green chillies chopped.
- Add diced potatoes, coriander powder and salt. stir well to mix.
- Stir for 2 minutes on high flame.
- If you are using uncooked potatoes, saute on low flame for 5 – 6 minutes or till potatoes are cooked tender. Cover with a lid for faster cooking of potatoes.
- If you have boiled potatoes then this aloo jeera is ready in 2 minutes.
- Add some more freshly chopped cilantro leaves and drizzle some lemon juice on it.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.
PIN IT FOR LATER