10 Minute Bombay Potatoes| Stir-fried Potatoes
10 minutes only to prepare one main course item. This is great idea when you are in hurry and have no time to cook for yourself or family.
This 10 Minute Bombay Potatoes are super easy and cleanest of the clean recipes. Takes hardly 3 minutes to cook them. So if you have boiled potatoes, it’s even easier and quicker recipe.
Normally this recipe is prepared with baby potatoes. However if you don’t have them then also you can prepare with regular potatoes which are available in almost all Indian kitchen.
I can’t think of my kitchen without potatoes and onions which are the basic vegetable for us.
Kids will also love this appetizer. If you are making for kids then adjust chillies accordingly.
Lets make this easy and ummmm delicious yumm bombay poatoes.
10 Minute Bombay Potatoes
- 1/2 kg Baby Potatoes
- 1 tsp Shah Jeera (Black Cumin Seeds)
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Dry Mango Powder (Aamchur)
- 1 tbsp Oil (prefereably Mustard oil or any vegetable refined oil)
- 1 Tbsp Coriander leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp Water (to mix with spices)
- 1 green chilli slit into halves
- Boil baby potatoes for 1 whistle. Don’t over cook else they will rupture inside cooker.
- If you are using regular potatoes then cook till they are just cooked right and don’t over boil.
- Cool them slightly with running water room temperature. Peel off the skin of potatoes and keep aside to air dry for half minute.
- Heat oil in a pan or wok. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter. Then add 1 green chilli (optional). Add boiled potatoes
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Take a small bowl. Add all mentioned spices and 2 tbsp water and mix them well.
- Add the same mixture of spices to the shallow fried baby potatoes and toss well immediately so that the spices will stick to the potatoes well.
- Saute and toss for 2 minutes more on high flame. Turn off the gas and add chopped coriander leaves.
Read similar healthy appetizers and finger foods for kids. e.g. paneer corn seekh kabab, potato lollipop, veg shammi kabab, spinach corn sandwich, stuffed bread roll, cheesy potato sandwich, aloo kachori, stuffed paratha like aloo paratha, gobi paratha, paneer paratha.
PIN IT FOR LATER
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.