These bread rolls are an easy, quick, and delicious breakfast item. These are stuffed with spicy potato stuffing and are deep fried to a crispy. These are vegan also.
Bread rolls are basically stuffed bread that is deep-fried traditionally. But you can make them in healthier ways like baked or air-fried. This is a quick breakfast and an easy snack that won't take more than 20 minutes if you have boiled potatoes ready.
This is one of the popular North Indian breakfast recipes. Normally we use spiced mashed potato as stuffing. You can also use scrambled paneer to make it healthier or protein-rich. Or add some veggies to mashed potatoes and make these bread rolls healthier.
Bread Rolls aka Stuffed Bread Rolls
These bread rolls are crunchy outside and soft inside. This is a kid-friendly recipe. I have deep-fried and it tastes best like that only. But if you want you can shallow fry or pan fry the rolls or simply you can bake them in the oven or in the air fryer.
Bread slices - thicker slices are better to hold the moisture
Boiled potatoes - boil, peel off skin, and mashed
Spices - coriander powder, red chili powder, salt, chat masala, and black pepper
Onion and Green chilies - optional - finely chopped
Green coriander leaves - finely chopped for stuffing
Oil to deep fry or pan fry
In a large mixing bowl, add the mashed potatoes, onions, green chilies (optional), and seasoning. Mix them thoroughly making a soft dough of stuffing.
Stuffing in slices
Now take a slice of bread and dip it in a bowl of water. Remove immediately and press gently to remove excess water without breaking the slice into pieces.
Now place a tbsp of stuffing over the bread and cover the slice from all sides by pressing them gently till it look sealed without any gaps. Repeat for all slices of bread. Make sure they are not open at any point. Otherwise, it will make all the stuffing pop out of the gap and will spoil the rolls.
Heat oil in a pan and drop the prepared stuffed rolls one by one. Don't overcrowd the pan and cook 3 - 4 at a time. Flip when the bottom side looks golden and crispy. Turn around and cook all sides evenly.
Air Fryer Bread Rolls
However, you can also air fry the bread rolls. Place the rolls in the air fryer basket. Spray a little oil all over the rolls. Now air fry them at 375 F for 10 - 12 minutes. Flip them carefully in the midways. If you want more crispy, set the same temperature for 2 minutes more.
Stuffed Bread Rolls
Crispy Bread Rolls
- Add boiled and mashed potatoes, coriander powder, red chilli powder, salt and mix the properly to make the stuffing.
- You can add finely chopped onion, green chillies and crushed garlic clove. But this is completely optional and you can skip them too.
- If you want can add dash of lemon juice or chat masala to the stuffing.
- Take bread and cut and remove the sides. but don't discard them. They can be fried and used as bread sticks. dip the bread in water and remove immediately. Softly press to remove excess water.
- Put the stuffing on bread and cover it from all sides of the wet bread. Squeeze from all ends to make a ball shape. You can remove the four sides or keep it as per your choice.
- Remember the wet bread is soft and so don’t press hard else it will break and will open the bread and stuffings. Prepare all rolls and keep aside on a dry plate.
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep fry. Release the stuffed bread into oil.
- Fry until golden brown and remove once done from both sides. Strain excess oil using tissue paper.
- Serve hot with coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.
PIN IT FOR LATER
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.