This post contains amazon affiliate links.
Easy Bread Rolls for Kids Tiffin Box Recipe
Kids Special Bread Rolls is one great tiffin box idea. This is a quick breakfast and an easy tea time snack.
These are in fact stuffed bread rolls and I have used mashed potato as stuffing. You can also use scrambled paneer to make it healthier. Or add some veggies to mashed potatoes and make these bread rolls super easy and healthy also.
These bread rolls are crunchy outside and soft inside. This is a kid-friendly recipe. Kids need fat and energy punch to stay active in their growth period.
This is also a quick dish. The only thing you need is boiled potatoes. So if you are planning to make this for your kid’s tiffin box then keep boiled potatoes in the refrigerator. So that in the morning you just need to fry them.
I have deep-fried and it tastes best like that only. But if you want you can shallow fry or pan fry the rolls or simply you can bake them. But deep-frying is a bit quicker than baking.
If you have boiled potatoes in your refrigerator, it takes only 10 minutes to prepare the rolls.
Why kids only, adults will love this too. This is one of the favorite food of my husband. So I try to make it on the weekend (on demand). At home, I make coriander chutney as a dip. For kid’s tiffin box you can keep ketchup as they love it.
Read similar healthy appetizers and finger foods for kids. e.g. paneer corn seekh kabab, potato lollipop, veg shammi kabab, spinach corn sandwich, stuffed bread roll, cheesy potato sandwich, aloo kachori, stuffed paratha like aloo paratha, gobi paratha, paneer paratha.
Let’s make the crispy bread rolls. Kids love tomato ketchup but it tastes even great with green coriander chutney.
Recipe Card for Stuffed Bread Rolls
Kids Special Bread Rolls for Tiffin Box
- Bread Slice – 4
- Potato- 2 – 3 boiled & mashed
- Coriander Powder – 1.5 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – Pinchor less
- Salt – 1 tsp or as per taste
- Oil – for deep fry
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Water required to soak breads
- Add boiled and mashed potatoes, coriander powder, red chilli powder, salt and mix the properly to make the stuffing.
- You can add finely chopped onion, green chillies and crushed garlic clove. But this is completely optional and you can skip them too.
- If you want can add dash of lemon juice or chat masala to the stuffing.
- Take bread and cut and remove the sides. but don’t discard them. They can be fried and used as bread sticks. dip the bread in water and remove immediately. Softly press to remove excess water.
- Put the stuffing on bread and cover it from all sides of the wet bread. Squeeze from all ends to make a ball shape. You can remove the four sides or keep it as per your choice.
- Remember the wet bread is soft and so don’t press hard else it will break and will open the bread and stuffings. Prepare all rolls and keep aside on a dry plate.
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep fry. Release the stuffed bread into oil.
- Fry until golden brown and remove once done from both sides. Strain excess oil using tissue paper.
- Serve hot with coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.
PIN IT FOR LATER
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.