Cilantro Dip is a basic green sauce or Indian chutney. This dip is vegan and is a best accompaniment for any appetizers.
Versatile Quick Cilantro Dip - Indian Green Chutney or Dhania Chutney
This is a popular Indian chutney recipe. It goes well with all fritters and almost all Indian appetizers, snacks, paratha, etc.
You can make this easily and quickly in just 5 minutes. There is no such recipe also for this dip. Just blend all ingredients in the blender and blend it to a puree or paste. As quick and simple as that.
This chutney recipe is Indian with Indian flavors like cumin seeds and chat masala. But you will find many similar dip recipes in world cuisine. One such name is Zhoug which is a similar spicy cilantro sauce of the Middle East Cuisine. Zhoug is normally served with falafel (chickpea fritters).
How to Make Vegan Cilantro Dip or Cilantro Chutney
Time needed: 5 minutes.
It's a quick Indian chutney or dip recipe.
- Clean & Prep
Clean & wash the cilantro leaves properly. Remove the stems. Prep them into small parts.
- Blending & Seasoning
Blend all ingredients together in a blender. Season with salt, chat masala & lemon juice.
Read similar cilantro & curd dip that is a modification to this basic dip. This curd based dip is best served with kebabs and tikkis.
How to serve/ use green chutney or cilantro chutney?
- This can be served as a dip or chutney with appetizers/ snacks.
- Use this as a spread on slices of bread for a sandwich. (e.g. chutney sandwich, masala toast sandwich, cheesy potato sandwich).
- Use as a base of green curries.
- Add olive oil and remove cumins from the ingredient list to make Middle eastern Zhoug.
Recipe Card for Cilantro Chutney
Versatile Quick Cilantro Dip/ Indian Green Chutney or Dhania Chutney
- 2 cups Coriander leaves
- 1/2 Onion
- 6 - 8 Green Chilli
- 6 Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Chat masala
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Wash and clean cilantro leaves.
- Add cilantro, onion, garlic, green chillies, cuin seeds in a blender.
- Add 2 - 4 tbsp water. (or as required to blend)
- Blend it to a fine paste.
- Once the paste is done, transfer to an air tight container.
- Now add salt, chat masala and lemon juice.
- Give it a nice stir and store for weeks in refrigerator.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my Facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & Instagram @mydaintykitchen. Follow me on Pinterest @mydaintykitchenbyipsa
PIN IT FOR LATER
Leave a Comment (And a 5 Star Rating)