Gobi paratha or stuffed cauliflower flatbread is one popular flatbread dish in India. This is vegan flatbread stuffed with cauliflower rice. It's delicious and flavorful in true senses.
This is generally a winter vegetable but nowadays these are very much available in all season and thanks to the cold stores and technology. But the seasonal fresh vegetables are totally different from the stored ones.
I still remember those childhood winter days when we wait for seasonal cauliflowers. And trust me the taste and that nice aroma while cooking those seasonal vegetables is missing in these all- season-available-veggies. I am sure you will agree with me on this. Well, that's also the magic of technology which help us eat almost all vegetables in all season.
Gobi Paratha - Cauliflower Flatbread
Do you Know?
- Karnataka is the only state where cauliflower is harvested round the year. Rest all states harvest during cold season.
- India is second largest cauliflower harvesting country.
Since cauliflower is low in carbohydrates, this is a good vegetable for those who are following the keto diet. But since this flatbread is prepared with wheat flour and has gluten, this paratha is not recommended for the keto diet.
This is vegan. If you are gluten allergic, try to get other substitutes for the wheat flour. To make it keto-friendly and gluten-free use almond flour instead of wheat flour. In such a case, the preparation method will vary a little.
Cauliflower is a versatile vegetable and goes very well with almost all kinds of preparation.
Read more cauliflower recipes here.
- cauliflower fritters
- pav bhaji
- gobi aloo
- cauliflower fried rice
- dry gobi manchurian
- vegetable manchurian
- schezwan cauliflower fried rice
- cauliflower manchurian gravy
How to make gobi paratha (Cauliflower Flatbreads)?
This is made from finely grated cauliflower florets. One thing to keep in mind before starting any preparation of cauliflower recipes, clean them thoroughly at least 4 - 5 times. This is an easy process and hardly takes 30 minutes to make 8 - 10 parathas. The 3 step process is:
- Grate completely cleaned florets finely & mix with other spices to make stuffing.
- Make soft dough of wheat flour. Roll them to circles.
- Stuff gobi mix in rolled flat bread and shallow fry in ghee or butter or refined oil.
Serve these cauliflower flatbreads with any vegan curry or dips.
Gobi Paratha | Stuffed Paratha | Cauliflower Stuffed Bread
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt (for dough)
- water to knead dough
- 6 - 8 tbsp vegetable oil/ ghee
- 1 medium cauliflower head finely grated
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice optional
- 1/2 tsp Salt (for stuffing)
- First clean cauliflower thoroughly and check if any bugs in it.
- Wash it under running water and clean properly.
- Otherwise divide the whole cauliflower into 5 - 6 larger florets during cleaning. T
- Then air dry for 5 minutes before grating.
- In the meanwhile prepare dough.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, salt.
- Add water slowly gradually mixing the flour together.
- Once dough is formed, knead well and make soft dough. cover
- Cover the dough and allow it to rest for 5 mins.
- Then Prepare Stuffing by mixing grated cauliflower, finely chopped onions,
- Grate the cauliflower head using a cheese grater or in a food processor.
- Place the cauliflower rice in a mixing bowl.
- Add little salt and rest it for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out excess water from it.
- Then place it in the bowl and add finely chopped onion, green chilli, coriander leaves, salt, coriander powder, red chilli powder.
- And mix it well thoroughly. Now stuffing is ready to use.
- Take out the dough and knead again for 1 minute.
- Divide it into equal-sized roundels (small ball size).
- Then roll out the balls into disc of appx. 3 cm radius with help of rolling pin. and Don't stretch too much. It should be thick so that we can stuff it properly.
- Then put 1 tbsp cauliflower stuffing on the centre of rolled circle.
- Then join the sides of the disc towards centre (as shown in picture) and press it again to make a disc.
- Now roll it to a circle with help of a rolling pin.
- Heat a griddle on high to medium flame.
- And place the rolled paratha.
- When one side is done partially flip it to the other side.
- A perfectly rolled paratha normally puffs up nicely.
- Apply or brush it with ghee or vegetable oil on the top side.
- Then again flip it and apply ghee on the other side. Flip again once or twice to cook it properly on both sides.
- It will be golden brown when completely cooked. You can see small charred patches all over.
- Also, press the edges with a spatula so that they will be equally cooked.
- Now take out the paratha and serve with pickles, or cilantro dip, or any of your favorite dips.
- Make fresh dough always for the best results.
- While adding water to flour, add it slowly and gradually while mixing them.
- The quantity of water may differ slightly depending on the type of flour used here.
- Once to add salt and spices to the cauliflower mix, don't keep it for long as it will release water.
- Don't overstuff the flatbreads. 1 - 1.5 tbsp of stuffing is enough for each bread.
If you like the recipes and want to stay updated, subscribe via email. Also, I would request you to like and share my Facebook Page. Follow My Dainty Kitchen on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Leave a Comment (And a 5 Star Rating)