Low-carb Vegan Cauliflower Fried Rice
This low carb vegan cauliflower fried rice is one easy and healthy alternative to rice grains. This recipe is completely vegan, gluten-free and one of the easiest recipes you will find.
You can use frozen riced cauliflower for this or if available in the market then make them fresh at home. Since we get abundant cauliflower in all seasons, I use freshly grated ones for any such recipe.
Making cauliflower rice is one easy task and may not take more than 5 – 7 minutes even if you are doing at a very slow pace.
I will brief it on how to make cauliflower rice at home here.
How to make cauliflower rice at home?
- Take a large perforated grater. You can use a food processor as well.
- Clean cauliflower thoroughly. Look for any bugs in cauliflower. You won’t get any bug or insect in seasonal ones but be very careful in cleaning the cauliflower.
- Then pat dry them with a kitchen towel. Else air dry this for some time.
- Then grate with help of grater on a chopping board or dry plate. This is called as riced cauliflower.
- Basically, when you will grate with large holes/ perforations of a grater, it will give grainy and rice-like shape to the grated cauliflower. That’s why its called cauliflower rice.
Low Carb Cauliflower Fried rice For Keto Diet
And how much time you need to make this riced cauliflower? Hardly 10 minutes or say even less than that. For me, it’s just 5 minutes in manual grater and 2 minutes in the food processor.
If you are on a diet and can’t eat rice then this is one of the best substitutes of rice. Hence a perfect rice substitute for keto diet and low carb diet also.
You can saute this low carb cauliflower rice in many ways. Even if with simple garlic and lemon it tastes great. For keto diet add more macro and make it cheesy and buttery. This is a versatile dish and you can make it in any style.
This is an easy and quick recipe. Here I’m adding carrots and green beans to my cauliflower rice. If you are following the keto diet, skip carrots as this has a high carb and you may avoid this.
First step, make cauliflower rice. Squeeze out excess liquid with the help of cheesecloth.
Second Step, Saute onion, garlic. Then add cauliflower rice and saute for some time.
Third final step, add seasoning and stir well. garnish with spring onions or cilantro.
Let’s make this Low Carb Vegan Cauliflower Fried Rice.
Low-carb Vegan Fried Cauliflower Rice
- Make Cauliflower rice.
- Squeeze out excess liquid with help of a muslin cloth.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic and saute till fragrant. Add chopped onions, green chillies.
- Saute till onions are translucent.
- Add chopped carrots and beans.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 1 minute.
- Then add cauliflower rice to it and season with salt and black paper.
- Cook on medium-low flame till the rice starts to soften.
- Don't overcook it. We need that slight crunch in them. It will not take more than 2 minutes.
- Then add soy sauce and vinegar. Toss them well.
- Cook for 2 minutes more on high flame. Stir occasionally.
- Add onion greens and serve hot.
Also, read my other similar quick recipes here.
- Chilli Paneer Dry
- Gobi Manchurian Dry
- Veg Hakka Noodles
- Gobi Manchurian With Gravy
- Chilli Garlic Baby Corn
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.