This post contains amazon affiliate links.
This Keto cauliflower fried rice is one easy and healthy alternative to rice grains when you are on a low-carb diet and craving fried rice. This cauliflower fried rice is completely low carb, vegan, gluten-free, and one of the easiest recipes you will find that takes only 15 minutes.
For this keto cauliflower fried rice, you can use frozen riced cauliflower, or make your own cauliflower rice from fresh cauliflower easily in 2 – 3 minutes. Since we get abundant cauliflower in all seasons, I use fresh and homemade cauliflower rice for any cauliflower recipes.
Making cauliflower rice is one easy task and may not take more than 3 – 5 minutes even if you are doing it at a very slow pace. Read my other lazy vegan recipes here on the blog.
Cauliflower – The superfood
No doubt cauliflower is a superfood. This is a low carb vegetable. Since this is low in carb, it’s one of the best vegetables recommended for the keto diet. This can be a substitute for high-carb foods. Read my keto-friendly vegan cauliflower hash brown on the blog.
Cauliflower belongs to the cruciferous family just like broccoli, kale is high in fiber, protein, antioxidants, and many other nutrients. This is low in calories. And hence beneficial for weight loss as well. High fiber keeps the gut healthy.
The significant amount of antioxidants helps in lowering the risk of many chronic diseases like cancer, diabetes, cancer. It relieves constipation. Because of high protein, it gives satiety and prevents overeating. It helps in maintaining a healthy nervous system and enhances brain function. Apart from these, it keeps the heart-healthy.
Why I love this keto cauliflower fried rice?
Ahh I love to make this cauliflower fried rice so often. You must include this cauliflower rice in your diet because,
- Cauliflower is a superfood
- Gluten-free, nut-free
- Loaded with vegetables
- Quick 15-minute recipe
- Fewer ingredients
- Low carb
- Low calorie
- Perfect for weight loss
Vegan Cauliflower Fried Rice For Keto Diet
This is an easy recipe that is made as quickly as 15 minutes evenif you are making your cauliflower rice at home instantly. This fried rice is made in 3 steps mainly. i.e.
- Make cauliflower Rice
- Saute Vegetables
- Add riced cauliflower and seasoning
So the delicious vegan cauliflower fried rice is not only healthy, keto-friendly but also an easy dish to make any time.
How to make cauliflower rice at home?
If you are on a diet and can’t eat rice then this is one of the best substitutes for rice. Hence a perfect rice substitute for the keto diet (low carb diet).
- Take a large perforated grater. You can use a food processor as well.
- Clean cauliflower thoroughly. Look for any bugs in cauliflower. You may get any bug or insect in seasonal ones but be very careful in cleaning the cauliflower.
- You may break it into large florets to check for worms/ bugs.
- Then pat dry them with a kitchen towel. Else air dry this for some time.
- Then grate with help of a grater on a chopping board or dry plate. This is called riced cauliflower.
- Basically, when you will grate with large holes/ perforations of a grater, it will give a grainy and rice-like shape to the grated cauliflower. That’s why it’s called cauliflower rice.
- If you feel the cauliflower rice has moisture and the recipe calls for less moisture, put them into a muslin cloth and squeeze out the excess moisture.
And how much time you need to make this riced cauliflower? Hardly 10 minutes or say even less than that. For me, it’s just 5 minutes in manual grater and 2 minutes in the food processor.
Ingredients for Keto Cauliflower Fried Rice
Cauliflower Rice – This is the main ingredient for this vegan low-carb fried rice. make your own cauliflower rice as mentioned above. However, you can also take frozen cauliflower rice too.
Vegetables – Add lots of low-carb veggies for this fried rice. Here I have added carrots, green beans, broccoli to this fried rice. You can reduce the amount of carrots as it has relatively more carb than other veggies. If not for the keto diet, add more of it along with green peas too. Here you can use fresh vegetables or frozen veggies.
Onion & Garlic – Onion and garlic add flavor to the fried rice. Add green onions too if you get them. I have added whatever was available at that time. You can also replace it with onion powder and garlic powder.
Soy sauce/ Tamari – For gluten free option use low sodium tamari. otherwise use soy sauce. Soy sauce has salt in it. So be careful while adding salt.
Lemon/ Vinegar – For a little tangy flavor, add few drops of lemon juice or white vinegar.
Heat oil in a skillet. Saute onion, garlic (1 minute). Then add chopped veggies and cook on medium to low flame till cooked well (3 minutes). Now add cauliflower rice and saute for 2 – 4 minutes more. Now add soy sauce or tamari and vinegar (few drops). Add salt only if required. Add black pepper too. Saute for 2 more minutes on medium to high flame.
And our delicious and healthy quick keto side dish is ready in just 10 minutes. Garnish with lots of fresh cilantro leaves or green onions.
You can play around with ingredients and spices and make them in a different way. This is superbly yummy with any version you make.
You can saute this low-carb cauliflower rice in many ways. Even if with simple garlic and lemon it tastes great. For the keto diet add more macro and make it cheesy and buttery.
Recipe card for Low Carb (Keto) Cauliflower Fried Rice
Low-carb Vegan Fried Cauliflower Rice
- Make Cauliflower rice.
- Squeeze out excess liquid with help of a muslin cloth.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add garlic and saute till fragrant.
- Add chopped onions, green chillies.
- Saute till onions are translucent.
- Add chopped carrots, beans, broccoli florets.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Then add cauliflower rice to it.
- And season with a pinch salt and black paper.
- Cook on medium-low flame till the rice starts to soften.
- Don't overcook it. We need that slight crunch in them. It will not take more than 2 minutes.
- Then add soy sauce and vinegar. Toss them well.
- Cook for 2 minutes more on high flame.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add onion greens or cilantro leaves.
- Squeeze out excess moisture from cauliflower rice. This will fasten the process and keep the fried rice grainy with a little crunch.
- Use vinegar or lemon juice for tanginess
- Use either cilantro leaves or green onions.
- Soy sauce contains salt. So use less salt or add if at all required.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.