These amaranth leaves are so healthy and rich source of vitamins and nutrients. This simple sauteed amaranth greens are delicious in taste.
I am a huge fan of green leafy vegetables. Since childhood, I liked these sauteed green leafy vegetables the most.
Amaranth leaves are one of the superfoods because of their nutritional values. They are not only very healthy for our body but also easy to make. It does not take any other spices to enhance the flavor.
Only garlic and the green leafy veggie. An ultimate combination makes the dish so flavourful that does not need any other spices. Yes, you can always add vegetables like potatoes, eggplants, pumpkins to the preparation to add more healthy components. However, that's optional.
Nutrition and health benefits of Amaranth
Amaranth greens are almost similar to beet greens, Swish chard, spinach greens in terms of nutritional values.
If you like this recipe please read similar recipes as well.
- Keto sauteed spinach & garlic (Palak Saag)
- Sateed Fenugreek & Potatoes (Aloo Methi Fry)
- Spinach & lentils Soup/ Dal (Dal Palak)
- Sauteed gram lentils and fenugreek green (Methi Dal Fry)
And if you are looking for more such easy everyday food, I have compiled them in two books which are available in Amazon.com.
Link here : https://amzn.to/2MCkxv5
Okay so lets start making this green leafy laal saag.
Amaranth Greens with Garlic
- 1 medium size potato
- 1/2 cup diced eggplant cubes
- Clean the leaves and wash them properly to remove the dirts. Chop them finely.
- Leave them for 5 minutes in a pot filled with water. This will help the dust to settle down on the bottom.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped garlic and let it turn slightly brown.
- Add dried red chilli and chopped onion.
- Saute till they are translucent.
- Add chopped potatoes, eggplants and stir them nicely.
- Cover the lid and cook for 3 - 4 minutes on low flame.
- Add chopped amaranth leaves and salt. Mix well.
- No need to add water as the leaves will release water.
- Cover the lid. And cook for 5 - 7 minutes or till it's cooked well.
- If you feel its not cooked and sticking then add 2 tbsp water.
- Turn off heat once cooked well and there is no water left.
- Serve hot