Easy palak paneer recipe - This is a delicious authentic Indian cottage cheese aka paneer recipe where paneer is cooked in spinach gravy and flavored with aromatic spices. Must-try recipe. This is vegetarian and gluten-free.
Palak Paneer Recipe Restaurant Style
Palak paneer as the name says it all, the hero ingredients are palak or spinach leaves and paneer or Indian cottage cheese. This is one of the most loved dishes in India. This belongs to North Indian cuisine but it's not restricted to only North India. I love making this as many times as you ask. This is a super healthy dish as well.
Winters is a season when we get maximum green leafy vegetables. And you get all nutrition from these healthy superfoods. Spinach or palak is a source of protein and iron. I use homemade paneer for any such dish I make. Read my post on how to make paneer at home in 15 minutes.
This is such an easy recipe, I just love this super yummy palak paneer. When we crave palak paneer, we normally prefer to order from a restaurant. The reason may be time factor and taste also. But trust me you make this recipe once at home, you will love to make this healthy dish every time. I do make this at home only every time I feel like having some delicious palak paneer restaurant-style or dhaba style. More than anything, you will make the best quality dish.
Look at the color and texture. I'm totally in love with my palak paneer.
It's just like some other curry preparation but the only exception is blanch palak and pureeing it. Then add to the curry paste. Shallow fry paneer cubes and mix them with the gravy. It doesn't take extra 10 minutes than regular curry preparation. I do take extra 20 minutes since I make that to prepare my paneer cubes at home.
Well, while posting this recipe, I came across one palak paneer recipe on Swasthi's Kitchen. In the recipe, I liked how instead of blanching, she initially sauteed the spinach leaves and then pureed it. That is also a great idea. Saute with garlic and then puree that to a fine paste. I ll try this method next time.
How to Make Palak Paneer
Take Paneer cubes (home made or store bought) and shallow fry them till golden brown.
Take out and keep separately for further use.
Wash and blanch spinach leaves for 3 - 5 minutes.
Run fresh water on it to stop excess cooking.
Transfer to a blender. Add garlic cloves and green chilli along with palak.
Make a fine puree of this.
Heat oil in a pan. Add minced garlic and saute for a minute.
Add chopped onion, ginger garlic paste and saute till translucent.
Then add all spices mentioned in ingredient list and mix well adding a tbsp water.
Now Add tomato puree and mix well. Cook till it's cooked and leaves oil in surrounding.
Season with salt. mix well.
Add spinach puree & add 1 cup of water and mix well.
Cook for another 3 minutes and then add garam masala.
Now add fried paneer cubes to the gravy.
Mix well and cook for 2 minutes more.
Palak paneer is ready. Serve hot with roti or rice.
If you like this restaurant-style palak paneer, then please read other similar posts Restaurant Style Paneer Tikka Masala, Punjabi Sarson ka Masala, Matar Paneer, Dum Aloo, Rajasthani Gatte Ki Sabzi, Rajma Masala, Bhindi Do Pyaza.
Restaurant Style Palak Paneer
- 1 cup paneer cubes
- 2 bunch palak/ spinach leaves
- 2 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 5 garlic pods
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- If you are using store brought paneer, dip them in warm water for 5 minutes to make them softer. After remove from water and keep on dry plate for 1 minute before frying.
- Shallow fry the paneer cubes till it's golden in color. Do in low flame.
- Keep aside for further use.
Preparing Palak Gravy
- Wash and clean palak leaves properly.
- Blanch it in hot water for 3 - 5 minutes. Don't over cook.
- Strain out the leaves with help of a colander.
- Wash it with regular tap water to stop over cooking. This will retain the colour of green leaves.
- Then squeeze out leaves lightly and put it in a blender.
- Add 3 cloves of garlic, 1 green chilli and Puree it completely.
- Now heat 4 tbsp oil in a pan and add finely chopped garlic.
- Add finely chopped onion and saute till onion translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook for a minute.
- Then add all dry spices and mix well.
- If required add 1 - 2 tbsp water and mix well.
- Then add tomato puree and saute till it's cooked completely and leaves oil.
- Now add spinach puree to the pan and mix well.
- Add 1 cup water and cook the mixture for another 3 - 5 minutes.
Final Step of Palak Paneer
- Once you see the spinach puree is cooked, add fried paneer cubes to it and cook for a minute or two.
- Add a pinch of garam masala but this is optional. You may skip this step.
- Palak paneer is ready. Serve with naan, roti or even with rice.
Love this recipe? Pin it for Later
Restaurant Style Palak Paneer Recipe have their own set of flavor …me this Restaurant Style Palak Paneer Recipe recipes looking nice recipe I will try this thanks for sharing