Spiced potatoes & cauliflower or Aloo gobi is an authentic North Indian Recipe. This is basically a stir-fried potato & cauliflower recipe. In this, the potato & cauliflower are cooked with aromatic Indian spices and hence loaded with flavors. This curry is vegan and gluten-free also.
Aloo Gobi Masala (Sauteed Potatoes & Cauliflower)
If you are looking for Indian cauliflower recipes or vegan cauliflower recipes or comfort food with easy pantry staples, then this recipe is perfect for you. This is one of the best cauliflower recipe you are going to try now.
I’m very fond of cauliflowers as a vegetable. Cauliflowers are one of the best vegetable if you are targeting for weight loss. This is a low calorie and low carb vegetable. This belongs to cruciferous family like broccoli and kale. Cauliflower is also one of the best vegetable for keto diet.
Why you should make this spiced potato & cauliflower?
- easy to make
- quick recipe
- under 30 minutes
- delicious & flavourful
- comfort food
- no fancy ingredients
- with basic pantry staples
- vegan & gluten-free
I have posted my vegan cauliflower & potato curry also (with gravy) on the blog. These are quick, easy, healthy everyday items. Also, these are simple food recipes that do not require any fancy ingredients. You can easily make it in both forms (with or without gravy). I love this spicy stir-fried aloo gobhi. Honestly, I make this dish once or twice every week.
How to Serve Aloo Gobi?
This is an easy lunchbox recipe too. Also it’s kids friendly and healthy food for them.
This is a versatile curry that goes well with any of the main course items. It pairs up well with any Indian flat breads like roti, paratha, tandoori roti, poori or even with dal rice.
What to do with leftover spiced cauliflower?
Well, I have made another dish (Cheesy Cauliflower Fritters) from this aloo gobi (leftover curry). I have added rice flour and cheese to the leftover curry and mashed completely forming balls. There are crispy because of the rice flour.
And this makes a perfect finger food for kids and toddlers as well. You can also make these cauliflower cheese balls from the freshly made curry.
When I have a fussy eating kid, I’m happy when he eats vegetables in anyways.
This dry sauteed cauliflower recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and a healthy main course recipe.
Read my other vegan cauliflower recipes:
- Vegan Cauliflower & Potato Curry
- Curried Cauliflower Soup
- Quick Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Vegan Cauliflower Hash Brown
Recipe Card for Aloo Gobhi (Spiced Potatoes & cauliflower)
- 5 medium Potatoes
- 1 medium Cauliflower head
- 1 medium onion chopped/ sliced
- 1 medium tomato finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder or to taste
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 4 – 5 tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 4 tbsp mustard oil or any vegetable oil
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 1/4 tsp garam masala (optional)
- 1/2 lemon for fresh juice
- 1/2 cup green peas optional
- Heat oil in a frying pan or kadai.
- Add a bay leaf (optional), cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- After that add finely chopped ginger garlic or ginger garlic paste.
- Saute for 10 – 15 seconds or till it leaves the pungent raw smell.
- Add diced onion, green chillies and saute till translucent.
- Then add chopped tomatoes.
- Cook on medium flame till tomatoes are soft.
- Then add ground coriander, red chilli powder, garam masala and turmeric powder to the vegetables.
- Stir it nicely. Sauté for another 1-2 mins on high flame.
- Add diced potatoes, cauliflower.
- Mix it well. Add salt as per taste.
- Saute on medium – low flame for 4 – 6 minutes.
- Cook in medium flame for 4 – 6 min without covering with the lid.
- Then add 1/4 cup or 6 – 8 tbsp water and keep on low flame.
- Cover the pan with a lid.
- Stir occasionally to avoid sticking at base.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes or till vegetables are cooked.
- Keep on checking with a fork in between if the vegetables are cooked well.
- Turn off heat when there is no water left and veggies are cooked perfect.
- Add a pinch of garam masala. (Optional)
- Squeeze out lemon juice in the end. or use little dry mango powder.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my Facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & Instagram @mydaintykitchen. Follow me on Pinterest @mydaintykitchenbyipsa