This post contains amazon affiliate links.
Spiced potatoes & cauliflower or Aloo gobi is an authentic North Indian main course dish. This is basically a stir-fried potato & cauliflower recipe. In this, the potato & cauliflower are cooked with aromatic Indian spices and hence loaded with flavors. This curry is vegan and gluten-free.
Aloo —> Potato
Gobi —-> Cauliflower
Aloo Gobi Masala (Sauteed Potatoes & Cauliflower)
If you are looking for Indian cauliflower recipes or vegan cauliflower recipes or comfort food with easy pantry staples, then this recipe is so much perfect for you. This is one of the best cauliflower recipes you are going to try now.
I’m very fond of cauliflowers as a vegetable. Cauliflowers are one of the best vegetables if you are targeting to lose some pounds. Because cauliflower is a low-calorie and low-carb vegetable. This belongs to the cruciferous family like broccoli and kale. Cauliflower is also one of the best vegetables for the keto diet.
Why you will love this spiced potato & cauliflower curry aka Aloo Gobi?
- Easy to make
- Quick recipe, under 30 minutes
- Delicious & flavourful
- Comfort food
- No fancy ingredients
- With basic pantry staples
- This is vegan
- Gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free, dairy-free
- Plant-based nutrition
I have posted my vegan cauliflower & potato curry also (with gravy) on the blog. These are quick, easy, healthy everyday items. Also, these are simple food recipes that do not require any fancy ingredients. You can easily make it in both forms (with or without gravy).
I love this spicy stir-fried aloo gobi. Honestly, I make this dish once or twice every week either for lunch or dinner.
How to Serve Aloo Gobi?
This is an easy lunchbox recipe too. Also, it’s kids-friendly and healthy food. Aloo gobi is a versatile dish that goes well for any menu, say it an everyday menu or for a party get-together menu.
This is a popular dish that is available in all most all restaurants as well. It pairs up well with any Indian flatbreads like roti, paratha, tandoori roti, poori, or even with dal rice.
How to store leftover?
This can be stored in refrigerator for up to a week. Keep the leftover in a refrigerator box with lid closed. Just reheat for a minute in microwave.
What to do with excess leftover aloo gobi?
Well, I have made another dish (Cauliflower Fritters) from this aloo gobi (leftover curry). I have mashed completely forming balls and added rice flour and cheese (or vegan cheese) to it. There are crispy because of the rice flour. And this makes perfect finger food for kids and toddlers as well. You can also make these cauliflower cheese balls from the freshly made curry.
Read my other vegan cauliflower recipes:
- Vegan Cauliflower & Potato Curry
- Curried Cauliflower Soup
- Quick Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Vegan Cauliflower Hash Brown
- Schezwan Cauliflower Fried Rice
Recipe Card for Aloo Gobhi (Spiced Potatoes & cauliflower)
Aloo Gobi (Stir-fried Cauliflower & Potatoes)
- 5 medium Potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 medium Cauliflower head diced into bite-sized
- 1 medium onion chopped/ sliced
- 1 medium tomato finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste or minced ginger and garlic
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder or to taste
- 3/4 tsp curry powder or 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 4 – 5 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- 4 tbsp mustard oil or any vegetable oil
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 1/2 lemon for fresh juice
- 1/2 cup green peas optional but adds taste
- Heat oil in a frying pan or kadai.
- Add a bay leaf (optional), cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- After that add finely chopped ginger garlic or ginger garlic paste.
- Saute for 10 – 15 seconds or till it leaves the pungent raw smell.
- Add diced onion, green chillies and saute till translucent.
- Then add chopped tomatoes.
- Cook on medium flame till tomatoes are soft.
- Then add ground coriander, red chilli powder, garam masala/ curry powder, and turmeric powder to the vegetables.
- Stir it nicely. Sauté for another 1-2 mins on high flame.
- Add diced potatoes, cauliflower.
- Mix it well. Add salt as per taste.
- Saute on medium flame for 4 – 6 minutes.
- Then add 1/4 cup or 6 – 8 tbsp water and keep on low flame.
- Cover the pan with a lid.
- Stir occasionally to avoid sticking at base.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes or till vegetables are cooked.
- Keep on checking with a fork in between if the vegetables are cooked till tender.
- Turn off heat when there is no water left and veggies are cooked perfect.
- Add a pinch of garam masala. (Optional)
- Squeeze out lemon juice in the end. or use little dry mango powder.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my Facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & Instagram @mydaintykitchen. Follow me on Pinterest @mydaintykitchenbyipsa