Stir-fried Spicy Potato And Brinjal (Aloo Baingan Masala)
Aloo baingan masala or stir fried potato and egg plants is an everyday dish in North India. This is an easy and quick recipe. This can be a main dish as well as side dish. You can have this aloo baingan with roti, chapati or even with dal rice. I have made the recipe dry sauteed. But if you want you can keep with gravy or masala.
How to make aloo baingan masala?
You can prepare this imple aloo baingan in two ways. One you can stir fry them in pan or kadai and second one is you can pressure cook it for one to two whistles. And it’s all set. 2nd method takes less time and it’s best method if you are looking for aloo baingan with little gravy or mashy.
Whenever I make this aloo baingan in cooker, I mash the potatoes also lightly and this makes the combination heavenly. It’s simple, easy to make and quick recipe. You can add onion garlic or can also make it without onion garlic. And in the end for that extra boost add 1 tsp lemon juice.
Recipe Card for Aloo Baingan Masala/ Fry
Stir Fried Spicy Potato & Brinjal
- 3-4 medium Potato/ Aaloo peeled and diced
- 250 gms Brinjal/ Baingan Diced, Bharta Baingan
- 1 tsp Salt as per taste
- 4 tbsp Refined oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 Green Chilli finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic crushed or paste
- 1 medium Onion sliced
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 2 tbsp Corinader leaves finely chopped
- Heat a pan on medium to high flame. Put some oil to it.
- Once oil is hot put one teaspoon cumin seeds. Let it crackle and then add ginger garlic.And sauté till it leaves pungent raw smell.
- Add sliced onions and green chillies. Sauté for 2 mins on high flame till its translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes (optional). Saute till it’s cooked.
- Add chopped potatoes and brinjals. Saute on high flame for 2 minutes.
- Add salt as per taste. Cover with a lid. Cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Then add coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix well. If required add 1/4 cup or 5 – 6 tbsp water sp that dry spices will get coated well with potatoes and brinjals.
- Cover with a lid and cook for another 5 – 7 minutes till potatoes and brinjals are cooked.
- Don’t add more water as brinjal releases water and will not taste good if you add more water.
- Sprinkle garam masala on top of it and mix well.
- Garnish it with freshly chopped coriander leaves and add a dash of lemon juice
- Serve hot with roti, paratha or rice
- You can skip adding tomatoes.