This post contains amazon affiliate links.
Schezwan Cauliflower Fried Rice | Quick Indo-Chinese Fried Rice
And this one is my favorite so far. Schezwan cauliflower fried rice is an easy quick Indo-Chinese recipe.
Last time when I was making cauliflower manchurian for lunch I have made some extra fried cauliflowers. That time I had actually planned to make schezwan fried rice with cauliflower manchurian. But somehow it was too late to make another complete dish.
So I have just sauteed rice with schezwan sauce and fried cauliflowers (which I have made for my manchurian recipe). This rice turned out as super delicious one.
You don’t actually need any manchurian or gravy to accompany this fried rice. This is a must try recipe if you are fond of chinese food.
Similarly you can replace gobi or cauliflower with paneer cubes and make schezwan paneer fried rice. Wow.. Great idea indeed. I will try this soon.
You can add vegetables like cabbage, carrots to the rice. But as I said I didn’t have much time to saute veggies and make complete dish, I have not added any vegetables other than onion and garlic.
If you are planning to make this fried rice, you may add few veggies for that crunch.
How to make schezwan cauliflower fried rice?
Prepare a batter with refined flour, corn starch, ginger garlic paste, red chilli sauce, red food color (optional) or red chilli powder, salt.
Mix water slowly making medium thick consistency.
Dip clean florets into batter.
Deep fry in hot oil till it’s crisp and golden in color.
Remove from oil and place on a paper napkin to absorb excess oil.
Heat oil in a wok or pan or kadai.
Add chopped garlic and saute for a minute on high flame.
Now add sliced onion (red and green) and saute till translucent.
Add rice and prepared gobi fritters and mix well.
Then add 2 tbsp schezwan sauce and lightly mix them well.
Add salt if required as sauce also contains some salt in it.
Garnish with lots of onion greens and serve hot.
Recipe Card For Schezwan Gobi Fried Rice
Schezwan Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 medium cauliflower (20- 25 florets)
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 cup refined flour
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp salt (as per taste)
- 1 tsp red chilli sauce
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 pinch red food color optional
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 tbso oil (for rice)
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic crushed/ paste
- 2 tbsp schezwan sauce
- 1/2 cup spring onions
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Wash and clean rice thoroughly.
- Cook till it’s just cooked. Don’t overcook as dish will be messy with overcooked rice.
Prepare Cauliflower Fritters
- Mix refined flour, corn flour, salt, ginger garlic paste, red chilli sauce, red chilli powder.
- Add water and make a batter of medium thick consistency.
- In the meanwhile clean cauliflower florets with hot water.
- Soak them in hot water for 2 minutes.
- Then remove from water and wash with cold water.
- Dip florets into batter one by one and drop into hot oil.
- Deep fry till it turns golden. Remove from oil once done.
Making of Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add chopped onion, ginger garlic paste, green chillies and saute for 2 minutes on high flame.
- Add schezwan sauce and stir well.
- Add cooked rice, cauliflower fritters and give it a nice and gentle stir. (keep it on high flame)
- Add salt as per taste. Add black pepper and onion greens.
- Garnish with some more spring onions and serve hot.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my face book page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.
PIN IT FOR LATER