Gobi Manchurian Gravy | Cauliflower Manchurian
Gobi Manchurian is an easy indo chinese dish. This is served as both dry gobi manchurian and one with gravy. You can make dry manchurian as a starter and with gravy as an accompaniment with rice or noodles in main course menu.
This is easy and quick recipe which takes less than 30 minutes to make. Here in this recipe I have deep fried the cauliflower florets. But if you want you can par boil the florets and after that dip in batter and fry. When you par boil, you can shallow fry the coated gobi. But deep frying makes them some more crunchy.
Here I would like to share my other Indo-chinese recipe collections on blog, like
- Veg Manchurian
- Gobi Manchurian Dry
- Veg Hakka Noodles
- Hot & Sour Soup
- Chilli Corn
- Chilli Paneer
- Baby Corn Manchurian
Recipe Card For Gobi Manchurian Gravy
Gobi Manchurian Gravy
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp minced ginger garlic
- 1/4 cup spring onion
- 1/2 cup spring onion greens
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/4 capsicum
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- water as required
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper crushed
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- water to make slurry
- In a mixing bowl add refined flour, corn starch, salt, ginger garlic paste, red chilli sauce, soy sauce.
- add water to make medium thick batter. Dip cauliflower florets and coat with batter.
- Deep fry the florets in hot oil til it’s crispy and golden in color.
- Remove from heat and keep on paper napkin.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan or kadai.
- Add chopped garlic, ginger, green chillies and saute.
- Add in spring onions and red onions and saute for 2 min or till translucent.
- Add red chilli sauce, tomato ketchup/ sauce, soy sauce, vinegar. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup water and bring it to a boil.
- Now add in mixture of cornstarch and water (slurry) to the boiling.
- Add fried gobi to the mixture and simmer for a minute.
- If you want to make little more thick add some more slurry to the gravy.
- Add chopped spring onion greens and mix well.
- Turn off heat and serve hot with fried rice or noodles.
How to make gobi manchurian gravy?
Step 1: Preparing Fried Gobi
In a mixing bowl add refined flour, corn starch, say sauce, red chilli sauce, ginger garlic paste, salt.
Add water to make batter of medium thick or medium flowing consistency.
Dip cauliflower florets into the batter and coat nicely.
Heat oil in a kadai. Deep fry coated gobi till golden and crispy.
Remove when done and keep on paper napkin.
Step 2: Preparing Gravy
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add chopped ginger, garlic, green chillies and saute for a minute.
Then Add chopped spring onion and red onion and saute till translucent.
Add red chilli sauce, tomato sauce, soy sauce, vinegar. Mix well
Add in 1 cup water and bring it to boil.
Season with salt and crushed pepper.
Now add fried gobi.
Slowly add slurry (mixture of cornstarch and water) to the boiling gravy.
Let it simmer for 1 minute or till desired consistency.
Garnish with spring onion greens.
Serve hot with rice or noodles.
PIN IT FOR LATER
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my face book page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.