Chilli Garlic Baby Corn
Chilli garlic baby corn is one of the delicious spicy Indo-Chinese side dish. This is also great as an appetizer. It’s very easy to prepare. As the name says it all the hero ingredient is baby corn. Three easy steps of this recipe: 1. Boil the baby corns, 2. Coat them with batter of flour, 3. Saute them with onion, chillies and other sauces.
It takes less than 20 minutes to prepare this yummy side dish or appetizer. If you like Indo-Chinese dishes then also read similar posts on our blog.
- Chilli Paneer Dry
- Chilli Potatoes
- Gobi Manchurian
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Veg Manchurian
- Baby Corn Manchurian
I have shallow fried the coated corns. You can either shallow fry or deep fry. Also I have added 1 tbsp schezwan sauce while sauteing for that extra factor. Add green chillies, red chilli sauce as per the heat or spicy you need.
Lets make Chilli Garlic Baby Corn.
Chilli Garlic Corns
- First boil the baby corns for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and keep in cold water for 5 minutes to stop further cooking. Then remove from water & let it air dry.
- Mix refined flour, corn starch, pinch of salt, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste. Add little water to make a batter of medium thick (for coating) consistency.
- Take par boiled baby corn and dip in coating mixture. take out coated corn and shallow fry them in hot oil. Fry them till they are done evenly.
- Heat oil in a pan. add finely chopped garlic and onion, onion greens and saute till translucent. Add green chillies.
- Add fried baby corns and mix well.
- Then add soy sauce, red chilli sauce, vinegar. Give them a nice toss.
- Add schezwan sauce and mix well.
- Prepare a mixture of water & 1 tbsp corn starch (flowing consistency).
- Add the mixture to the pan and mix them well. Cook for 2 minutes on high flame stirring continuously.
- Turn off gas. Garnish with spring onion.