This post contains amazon affiliate links.
Veg Hakka Noddles
Veg Hakka Noodles is really an easy dish. This is an Indo Chinese food. You will find this popular street food in any parts of country. Infact this is one of the best street food in Indo Chinese category. I will still rate our Indian Panipuri & Chat (Ragda Patties/ Aloo Tikki Chat/ Ghughni Chat) as No#1 street food.
Other than street food this is one of the easiest Chinese preparation. If you are feeling lazy to cook your dinner this can be an easiest one pot meal. To this you may add schezwan sauce to make schezwan noodles. You can adjust spice element by reducing the chilli sauce and black pepper. Load it with veggies for additional nutrition. Cabbage is a must for maximum chinese dish. Add cabbage, carrots, french beans, bean sprouts, bell peppers, mushrooms also.
If you like Indo chinese, read Vegetable Manchurian which is one of the best accompany for Veg Hakka Noodles. Also read Hot & Sour Soup in this category.
Lets make veg hakka nodles in just 15 minutes.
Veg Hakka Noddles
- 200 gms Noodles – 200gms
- 1 Capsicum
- 1 cup Cabbage Shredded
- 1 Carrot grated
- 1/2 cup French Beans cut into ¼ inch
- 1 Onion sliced thin
- 1/2 tsp Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Green Chilli Sauce
- 1 tsp Red chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 2 Green Chilli 2 – 3 finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Spring onions
- Water – As required
- 4 - 5 tbsp Refined Oil
- Heat 4 glass of water in high flame. Add a pinch of salt and 1 tsp oil in it. Add the noodles to the boiling water and cook till its tender but make sure you don’t over boil the noodles.
- Boil for around 5 minutes till its 90% cooked. After it’s done drain out the water and cool the noodles under running tap water to avoid over cooking of the noodles. Add 1 tsp of oil and mix with par cooked noodles.
- Heat a big size pan on high flame. Put 3-4 tsp oil. Add crushed or finely chopped garlic, green chillies and spring onion white and greens, onion slice. Sauté for 1 min. Stir for 1 minute. Put all vegetables into it. Stir fry for 2 – 3 minutes on high flame stirring continuously. Season with salt and black pepper
- Add 1 tsp of soy sauce, chilli sauce, vinegar to the frying pan and mix.
- Then add the cooked noodles into it. Toss them properly to mix sauces. Cook on high flame for 2 –3 minutes stirring continuously.
- Turn off the gas and remove from heat. Garnish with spring onions and veg hakka noodles is ready to be served.