Beetroot rice is an easy rice or pulao recipe. This is healthy and cooked with beetroot and other vegetables. This is one comfort food and healthy for kids as well. This beetroot rice is vegan, gluten free and an one-pot dish. So make it in manual pressure cooker or in an Instant pot, it’s a less than 30 minutes recipe.
Beetroot Rice (Beetroot Pulao)
I have learned this recipe from my mom. This was my favorite recipe even then. This is a rich pulao made in desi ghee and with lots of vegetables and dry fruits are added to the pulao.
This pulao itself is a complete dish. Serve curd or raita with this beetroot pulao. Or you can serve this with any curry of your choice. These are good to pack in your tiffin box or kid’s tiffin box. I like to make this in the pressure cooker. In instant pot also you can make this beetroot pulao. This is a super-quick meal for busy weekdays.
Well the blend of flavorful whole spices makes the rice delicious. Add as many vegetable to give this rice pulao a healthier twist. This beetroot rice is gluten-free dish. To make this vegan replace the desi ghee with regular vegetable oil.
Recipe Card for Beetroot Rice / Beetroot Pulao
Beetroot Rice Pulao
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 3 cup water
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp bay leaf
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3- 4 clove
- 2 green cardamom
- 1/2 inch cinnamon stick
- 6 – 8 black pepper
- 8 – 10 cashewnuts
- 8 – 10 raisins
- 1/2 cup carrots diced
- 1 cup beetroot diced
- 1/2 cup beetroot grated
- 1 potato diced
- 8 – 10 cauliflower floret diced
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- Wash rice 2 – 3 times thoroughly.
- Soak for 20 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker.
- Add bay leaf, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon stick to the cooker.
- Saute for a minute.
- Then add cumin seeds and let them crackle completely.
- Add sliced onions and saute till translucent.
- Add in ginger garlic paste (or finely chopped) and green chillies (optional).
- Saute for 1 minute more.
- Then add in cashew nuts and raisins. Saute for another minute.
- At this point add chopped vegetables along with grated beetroot and mix well.
- Cook for 2 minutes on high flame.
- Add soaked rice, water. Season with salt.
- Close the lid and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Open lid when pressure releases. Fluff up the rice.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with raita.
Here I would request you to read other similar posts like mushroom matar masala, paneer tikka masala, gatte ki sabzi, palak paneer. Also read matar paneer curry, dum aloo, bagara baingan, lauki kofta curry, malai kofta curry, shaam savera curry.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my Facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & Instagram @mydaintykitchen. Follow me on Pinterest @mydaintykitchenbyipsa