Chinese pakoda or cabbage manchurian or chinese pakora with step by step instructions. This is one of the most popular street food in Mumbai. Indochinese are most loved street food other than pani puri and south Indian dosa and vada.
Though I love this, I love to make my own at home because of hygiene factor.
These chinese pakoda or fritters are generally made with maida or refined flour. You can make regular cabbage fritters with gram flour. But in chinese food we use refined flour or maida.
Apart from flour, the sauces used in this recipe makes it different than regular cabbage fritters.
I have added cabbage and spring onions. But you can add some more vegetables like carrots, beans or grated cauliflower. You can add red food color also to this (optional) . (I forgot to add this time)
Normally you can make sauce and dip these balls to make manchurian. Or add to your fried rice and give it a nice twist with these crispy balls. Also read one similar post Schezwan Cauliflower Fried Rice.
But for a change this tastes great as tea time snack also. My kid loved these chinese fritters.
If you are planning any party at home, this is one quick appetizer you can add to your menu.
Recipe Card For Chinese Pakoda
Chinese Pakoda | Chinese Fritters
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup refined flour
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup green onion chopped
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp freshly crushed ginger & garlic (small piece of ginger & 3-4 garlic cloves)
- 1 tsp red chilli sauce
- 1/2 tsp tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder (a pinch)
- salt to taste
- 1 cup oil (for deep frying)
- Take a large mixing bowl.
- Add all ingredients mentioned above (except oil).
- Add little water and mix well.
- Make mixture of pakoda.
- Mix using spoon or wired whisk.
- Now take small ball sized mixture and drop in hot oil.
- Deep fry till its crispy and golden color.
- Remove from oil and serve with ketch up or chilli sauce or schezwan sauce.
Read my other chinese food recipes on blog.
Here are some most loved quick appetizers collection on blog.
How to make Crispy Chinese Fritters?
In a bowl add shredded cabbage, spring onions, fresh ginger garlic paste, green chillies, onions, refined flour, corn flour, red chilli sauce, red chilli powder, salt, vinegar.
Mix well. Add little water to make batter of fritter. Batter should not be thin.
Make small balls and drop in hot oil.
Deep fry till it turns light brown or golden in color.
PIN IT FOR LATER
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.