Cheesy potato croquettes are easy party snacks. Originally this belongs to Italian cuisine but very popular in all places.
These are so soft that they will just melt in your mouth giving a burst of flavors. Oregano seasoning makes it more tasty and flavorful.
This is very easy to prepare and takes less than 30 minutes for the whole process. Only one suggestion for better binding of the croquettes, you need to boil the potatoes in well advance and cool them completely before mixing other ingredients and flour.
Otherwise it will be sticky and won’t bind properly. This might spoil your whole preparation. Also be careful not to overcook the potatoes. Else you need to add more flour (as binding agent).
I have made croquettes in two different batches or say in two different occasions. Read my other variety of Cheesy Potato Balls here.
I have used grated mozzarella cheese. You can take any other processed cheese.
Whole preparation took less than 30 minutes. It’s very simple and easy to prepare with few ingredients which are readily available in market.
Here for coating I have used both flour and bread crumbs. Personally I like when it’s coated with bread crumbs. Because breadcrumbs make them more crispy.
Recipe Card for Italian Cheesy Potato Croquettes.
Cheesy Potato Croquettes
- 1 cup Oil for shallow frying or pan frying
- 4 medium Potatoes boiled
- 1 bell pepper green/ yellow/ red
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Corn kernels boiled
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 4 - 6 Garlic pods finely chopped
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Salt or as per taste
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (or any other processed cheese) grated
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp refined flour for slurry
- 1 cup bread crumbs/ refined flour for coating
- Boil potatoes and keep in refrigerate to cool. Then mash or grate it completely.
- Add corn flour, chopped bell peppers, onion, garlic, coriander leaves, oregano, chilli flakes, salt. Mix well with mashed potatoes.
- Make small balls of equal size.
- Then apply oil on both palms. take a ball and press it lightly to flatten slightly and make a pouch.
- Put half tsp stuffing of grated cheese in centre.
- Seal it from all ends and roll it to make a ball again. repeat this for all balls and make stuffed potato balls.
- Roll it likely to make logs.
- Simultaneously prepare a slurry (flowing consistency) by mixing refined flour and water.
- Drop the balls into slurry. take out and roll them on bread crumbs or refined flour for coating.
- Repeat this for all stuffed balls.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame.
- Shallow fry or pan fry them on medium heat. Flip gently so that all sides will get cooked equally.
- Remove from pan and place on paper napkin to get rid of excess oil. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
PIN IT FOR LATER
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my face book page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.