This post contains amazon affiliate links.
Vermicelli Pulao Semiya Pulao
Vermicelli pulao or semiya pulao or Sevai Pulao is an easy breakfast option. It doesn’t take more than 15 minutes to make this delicious and quick dish. To make it more healthy, add lots of vegetables to this.
I use homemade vermicelli. Making vermicelli by hand is not very easy job but I will give this credit to my mother in law who is an expert in this. But anyways this is easily available in market. So without any hard work or efforts you can make yummy dishes from this vermicelli.
Vermicelli is used in sweet dishes as well savoury dishes. This resembles maggi. So you can replace maggi with this healthier option. Again since you will add green veggies, you will give extra nutrition to your kid. This is an excellent tiffin box idea for kids.
Recipe Card for Vermicelli Pulao or Semiya Pulao
Vermicelli Pulao/ Semiya Pulao/ Sevai Pulao
- 100 gms vermicelli or semiya
- 4 – 5 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 onion sliced
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup green beans chopped
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets chopped/ diced
- 1 potato diced
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Add ginger garlic paste, saute for a minute.
- Add onion and green chilli. Saute till translucent.
- Add in all vegetables and stir well.
- Season with salt. Cover with a lid and cook on low flame. Stir in between. Don’t add water.
- In the meanwhile, dry roast vermicelli in a pan.
- Then heat one glass of water. add a pinch of salt and a tsp oil. Put vermicelli in boiling water and simmer for 2 minutes till it’s soft.
- remove from hot water. wash off with cold water in a colander or strainer.
- Now, if vegetables are cooked perfect, add all mentioned spices to this. Mix well.
- Then add in boiled and strained vermicelli to the pan. Give this a nice stir with light hand.
- Cook for 2 minutes more on low flame so that vermicelli would absorb essence of aromatic spices used.
- In the end garnish with finely chopped fresh coriander leaves. Serve vermicelli pulao or semiya pulao hot.
How to make vermicelli pulao?
This is an quick recipe and within 15 minutes you can make 2 – 4 servings easily.
Step 1: Heat 1 cup water in a bowl with a pinch of salt and 1 tsp oil. Boil for 2 – 3 minutes till vermicelli is soft. Strain out water and wash off with cold water in a colander or strainer.
Step 2: Heat oil. Add cumin seeds, and let it crackle. Then add ginger garlic paste and chopped onion. Saute for 2 minutes.
Step 3: Add chopped vegetables. Add in all spices and salt. Cook till vegetables are soft cooked.
Step 4: Once veggies are cooked, add boiled vermicelli and give it a nice stir. Cook for another minute or two till all spices are infused with vermicelli. In the end garnish with cilantro leaves.
PIN IT FOR LATER
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my face book page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.