If you are looking for a quick and instant breakfast or snacking option, this instant wheat flour dosa is the best one to try.
Atte ka dosa is very easy to prepare. Unlike traditional rice and lentil dosa, this doesn't need any planning and preparation. You can instantly make them without any fermentation. You just need to prepare the batter with flour and buttermilk or water. Then pour it on a hot griddle till they are cooked crispy.
Wheat Flour Dosa (Whole Wheat Crepes)
Since it's made from whole wheat flour, it's healthy as well. This recipe makes a great tiffin box idea for kids. You can serve this instant dosa with any chutney sauce or curry. I love this with white peas curry.
How to make instant wheat flour dosa?
This dosa doesn't require any preparation or fermentation. Instantly you can make in 5 minutes. I have added wheat flour 1 cup, rice flour 1/2 cup and semolina 1/4 cup to make this dosa crispy. Add curd and make smooth batter. In the end add eno or fruit salt or baking soda. This is optional.
Adding eno makes the dosa little more crispy. Make a smooth flowing batter. Spread on hot greased tawa. Don't heat the tawa more because it will be difficult to spread the batter on tawa.
If you want to make soft dosa then make the batter little more flowing consistent and then put ladleful of batter on hot tawa. In this case you don't need to spread the batter on tawa. Since it's flowing consistent, it will spread automatically.
Recipe card for whole wheat dosa
Instant Whole Wheat Dosa
- 1 tawa or griddle
- Take a mixing bowl. Mix all flour, salt and curd in a bowl.
- Add water slowly and gradually mixing nicely. Make sure it's lumps free.
- Heat 1 tsp oil on the dosa tawa or any flat pan/ skillet/ griddle.
- spread oil on whole pan with help of a tissue or paper napkin. You can use brush also for this.
- Put one ladle full of batter and spread quickly.
- When the bottom will get cooked, flip it to other end lightly.
- This will take 2 - 3 minutes hardly.
- Remove from heat and serve with chutney or ketchup.
PIN IT FOR LATER