Vermicelli Green Peas Pulao
I just loved this recipe vermicelli green peas pulao. When I made on lazy sunday morning for breakfast, I din't know it will turn out with such divine taste. I had some frozen green peas.
The vermicelli I have used in the recipe are again handmade (homemade). Recently I have learned this making of vermicelli from my mother-in-law when I visited hometown for vacation.
I'm happy and satisfied that I learned one more thing. We made vermicelli from around 1 kg flour. No doubt I can't match to my mother-in-law's speed as she is an expert in this. But somehow I learned to do the same with little more time. It was time consuming task and requires patience. Someday I will share how to make this vermicelli at home.
As we know vermicelli can be used in preparing sweet dish or even savoury dish. This savoury recipe Vermicelli Green Peas, as the name describes its main ingredients are vermicelli and green peas. You can add other vegetables like potatoes, carrots, beans, cauliflower, corns or whatever you like to add. Try adding sauteed spinach for variation.
Read my other mix veg vermicelli pulao recipe here. Also read similar vermicelli recipes like vermicelli upma, vermicelli biryani, vermicelli kheer on blog
Recipe card for vermicelli peas pulao.
Vermicelli Green Peas Pulao
- 3 tbsp Refined Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup Green Peas Boiled
- 1 cup Vermicelli
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 3 - 4 garlic
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- 4 - 5 Curry Leaves
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tbsp Shahi Biryani Masala
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder finely chopped
- Boil the vermicelli in a bowl of water till they are soft. Don't overcook them. Strain with help of colander or strainer and cool it under running water. Add salt and a tsp oil while boiling.
- Boil green peas separately for 10 minutes simultaneously.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadai. Put cumin seeds, asafoetida. once cumin seeds splutter add ginger garlic green chillies and saute for a minute. Add chopped onion and saute till translucent. Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes till they are soft.
- Add boiled green peas to the pan and saute for another minute.
- Add all spices, salt and mix well. Saute for a minute.
- Add boiled vermicelli to the pan and stir well.
- Saute for 3 - 4 minutes by stirring continuously.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
If you are looking for some healthy breakfast options, please read similar recipes like upma, vegetable upma, pinwheel samosa, aloo pyaz poha, aloo matar poha, gobi paratha, aloo paratha, aloo kachori, bread roll, spinach corn sandwich, cheesy potato sandwich, masala dosa sambar, sattu porridge , tomato omelette, whole wheat dosa, atte ka chila, etc on blog.
Leave a Comment (And a 5 Star Rating)