This post contains amazon affiliate links.
Soya Biryani | Soya Chunks Biryani is an instant biryani cooked in pressure cooker. This is again an easy and quick tiffin box recipe.
Soyabean granules or chunks are primary ingredient in this biryani recipe. This is an instant biryani. You can cook in dum cooking method also but I have cooked in normal pressure cooking mode.
I’m very fond of soyabean (also known as meal maker) as well as biryani. So this is my best one pot meal which is packed with protein rich soya chunks.
Soya bean is rich in protein. Even it contains more protein than lentils and legumes. This is a healthy replacement of meat for vegetarian and vegans.
If you are looking for more rice recipes read on blog:
Recipe Card For Soyabean Biryani
Soyabean Biryani | Soya Granules Biryani
- 1.5 cup rice (uncooked)
- 1 cup soy chunks
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 onion thin sliced
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1/2 cup hung curd (5-6 tbsp)
- 3 tbsp ghee or melted butter
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 – 5 cloves
- 7 – 8 black peppers
- 1/2 inch cinnamon stick
- 1/2 star anise
- 4 cardamom
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1.5 tsp salt (or as per taste)
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
Preparation For Biryani
- Wash and soak rice for 15 minutes
- Soak soya granules in 1 cup hot water.
- Add some salt in water and cover with a lid.
- After 7 – 8 minutes strain out from water.
- wash with cold water twice or trice squeezing out all water
Pressure Cooking Biryani
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker.
- Add bay leaves, cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves, pepper, anise and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add ginger garlic paste and and saute till it leaves pungent smell.
- Now add chopped onions and saute till translucent.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and saute till soft.
- Now add in spices like red chilli powder, biryani masala.
- Add little water and cook for another minute.
- Now add soya granules and stir well.
- Add hung curd and mix well.
- Simmer for 2 minutes and then add salt.
- Now add soaked rice on top of it.
- Add 3 cups of water from sides.
- Sprinkle some biryani masala and ghee on top of rice.
- Also add some coriander leaves and brown onions on top.
- Close lid of pressure cooker and cook for 2 whistles.
- Turn off heat and wait till pressure released.
- Garnish with some more coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Serve with curd or raita.
How To Make Soya Biryani?
Wash and soak rice for 15 minutes.
Soak soyabean granules in hot water. Add little salt to water. Cover with a lid and leave for 7 – 8 minutes.
Then remove from hot water and wash out with cold water. It will leave foamy water when you squeeze out soya chunks.
So wash off two three times and then squeeze out completely.
Now heat ghee or oil in a cooker. Add bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, black pepper, anise and saute for 30 seconds or till its fragrant.
Then add ginger garlic paste and saute till it leaves pungent smell.
Add chopped onions and saute till translucent. Then add chopped tomatoes and cook till soft.
Now add red chilli powder and biryani masala and mix well. Add little water.
Next add hung curd and mix well. Add salt.
Add soya chunks and simmer for 2 minutes.
Now add soaked rice on top and sprinkle some biryani masala and coriander leaves chopped.
Add water and close lid of cooker. Cook for 2 whistles.
Wait till pressure released and then open lid and garnish with some more coriander leaves and serve hot with raita.
PIN IT FOR LATER
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.