Moong Sprouts Curry/ Sprouted Green Gram Curry
Hara moong sprouts curry is a protein rich dish that goes well with rice or chapati as well. This is a quick everyday dish which takes 15 minutes to prepare if you have sprouts ready.
Making sprouts is a time taking task. To make sprouts you need to soak moong dal for 6 hours. Then strain out excess water. Cover soaked dal with napkin and keep it in warm place for 6 - 8 hours or overnight.
But if you don't have that much time to make sprouts, these are readily available with any vegetable vendors or supermarkets. So if you get readymade sprouts, this curry takes only 15 minutes to make.
Read my hara moong dal recipe here on blog. With hara moong you can make either dal, soup or curry. I love to make curried dal with this green gram.
Sprouts curry is an healthier everyday food option. You can have a bowl of this for your weight-loss meal. This is low in carb and rich in protein and fiber and hence helps in weight loss. You can simply saute with little to no oil if you are making as diet food.
This is also beneficial for diabetic patients. Read other benefits of green gram lentils here.
Recipe Card for Sprouts Curry
Moong Sprouts Curry
- 200 gms green moong dal
- 3 tbsp refined oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- Soak green moong dal in water for 4 - 5 years.
- Remove from water and pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Wrap soaked dal in a paper or on dry towel and keep in a dry place.
- This process may take 8 - 10 hrs.
- Once moong bean is sprouted take them out.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Put cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell goes off.
- Add chopped onion and saute till translucent.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and cook for 2 - 3 minutes or till translucent.
- Now add coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and saute for a minute.
- When it leaves oil, add sprouts to the pan.
- Stir well and saute for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add in 1 cup water and cover with a lid.
- Let it simmer for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- In the end add pinch of garam masala.
- Add lemon juice and finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Turn off heat and serve hot with roti or rice.
Here I would request you to read other similar posts like mushroom matar masala, paneer tikka masala, gatte ki sabzi, palak paneer. Also read matar paneer curry, dum aloo, bagara baingan, lauki kofta curry, malai kofta curry, shaam savera curry.
Leave a Comment (And a 5 Star Rating)