Creamy mushroom & green peas curry/ Mushroom Matar Masala
This creamy mushroom & green peas curry is different from regular mushroom matar masala with a variation. I have prepared the gravy with puree of sauteed mushroom and onions. You can take the creamy mushroom soup that recipe i have shared in my blog here. Lets make this creamy mushroom and green peas curry. In regular mushroom matar masala mushroom and green peas are cooked in Indian red curry paste (recipe here!)
Here in this recipe with little variation I have added sauteed & pureed onion & mushroom to the gravy. It turned out to be delicious with slight variation with extra creamy texture. Try this version and share your feedback with us.
Mushroom paste recipe find here!
It's the same mushroom soup which I have shared here. While preparing the soup, save some to be used in this curry. This step will add extra smooth texture and flavor to the recipe.
Read about other healthy mushroom recipes here.
Creamy Mushroom Matar Masala/ Mushroom & Green Peas in Spiced Mushroom Based Gravy
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Mushroom (18 - 20)
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 1 cup Puree of Onion, tomato, ginger & garlic
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Green Chili
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
Preparing Mushroom Paste
- In a pan heat 1 tbsp oil. Saute minced garlic, diced onions till translucent. Add 5 - 6 mushrooms and saute for 2 - 3 minutes. Add 1/4 tbsp wheat flour & 1/4 cup of milk and simmer. Turn off gas once mushroom is cooked soft.
- Cool the mixture and blend to a smooth puree. Keep aside for further use.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add onion & tomato paste and saute till its cooked and leaves oil from surrounding. Add coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder, apinch of turmeric powder. saute for another 3 minutes.
- Add green peas & mix well. Add mushroom paste and saute for a minute. Add mushrooms and a cup of water. Let it simmer and cook mushrooms.
- Turn off the gas when mushroom & peas are cooked well.
Leave a Comment (And a 5 Star Rating)