Paneer Stuffed Hara Bhara Kabab
Hey my foodie friends. Today's recipe is Paneer Stuffed Hara Bhara Kabab. As the name says it all its an easy guess of hero ingredients for the recipe. Recently I have shared how to make Hara Bhara Kabab in my blog. If you have missed that, then read recipe here. An easy and healthy snacking option. It has all nutrition of green leafs of spinach, coriander along with ginger and potatoes. In this recipe I have added the protein pack paneer to the recipe. And today's recipe turned out as a better version of the regular one.
The 3 step process for this recipe:
- Prepare Stuffing: Saute 4 minced garlic + 1/2 finely chopped onion + 1/2 tsp red chilli powder + 1/4 tsp chat masala + salt as per taste + scrumbled cottage cheese.
- Prepare Mixture of Boiled & mashed potatoes + blanched & minced spinach + blanched green peas
- Make balls and stuff the masala and then seal. Shallow fry or deep fry.
There are few things to keep in mind to make perfect kababs. Few lessons which I have learned from my experience are:
Boil and keep them in refrigerator over night or for some hours at least to cool them properly. If you add corn starch to the hot mixture then it will become sticky and difficult to bind. Also after blanching spinach and peas dry them completely. Squeeze out excess water from spinach. Keep aside for some time & then again squeeze out water till last drop. The leafy vegetables are watery and tend to release water. No need to grind it. Mince it finely with help of mortar & pastel. Once you feel all ingredients are dry enough & not sticky or watery then add them together to make the mixture. I have learned them from my experience. So if you plan to make such kabab start preparation well in advance.
Paneer Stuffed Hara Bhara Kabab
- 2 Medium Potatoes Boiled & Mashed
- 1 Cup Spinach leaves Blanch & squeeze excess water
- 1/2 cup Green Peas blanched & mashed roughly
- 1 tbsp Ginger grated
- 4 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Chat Masala
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 tsp corn starch (to be added with veggies)
- 2 tsp corn starch (for dusting of patties)
- 1 cup Oil for shallow frying
- Heat 1 tbsp oil. Put minced garlic and finely chopped onion and saute till translucent.
- Add grated paneer/ cottage cheese, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp chat masala and salt as per taste.*(*Recipe note).
- Saute for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and keep aside to cool.
- Blanch spinach leaves.
- After 3 minutes remove from hot water and wash with cold water immediately.
- Remove from water and squeeze out the water completely.
- Blanch green peas and mash roughly.
- Cook potatoes and peel and mash completely.
- Add all ingredients together and make a dough like mixture.
- Take small portion of the mixture and make a ball.
- Make a pocket by pressing with thumb.
- Put half spoon of stuffing in the pocket and press to close the pocket.
- Then roll the ball on corn starch and press it gently with fingers to give a patties-like structure.
- Apply cornstarch on both palms.
- Shallow fry the patties in a pan.
- Flip it gently with help of tong. and fry both sides. don't fry for more than 2/3 minutes as it won't take more time for shallow frying.
- Garnish and serve with coriander chutney or schezwan chutney.
- Chat masala also contains salt so taste and add salt accordingly.
- Make sure potatoes are not over boiled and completely dry. If possible keep in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze out blanched spinach leaves to remove excess water.
- Cool all ingredients before adding corn starch to avoid stickiness.