Vegetable Pulao/ Vegetable Tehri
Vegetable Pulao is one of the quick and one pot recipe. This is also known as Tehri in North India. Its prepared with rice and vegetables along with other regular spices.
Normally when I want to make something quick dal khichdi or vegetable pulao or tehri seems to be the best option. Read Mix Vegetable fried rice from leftover rice. You can stir fry the vegetables and few regular spices and mix the rice. your fried ricce is ready within 15 – 20 minutes.
My focus is finding out ways to save cooking time without compromising on taste and nutrition fact. There is another way to make this. Pressure cook them together. This is also easy and quick recipe.
The best combination of vegetables that goes well with this pulao are potatoes, cauliflower, bell peppers, green peas, carrots, green beans. Here I have added green peas, carrots, potatoes, beans. you can add whatever vegetable available including broccoli, paneer or tofu. There is no thumb rule that any vegetable can not be added to such versatile recipe.
This is an one pot dish and prepared in pressure cooker. So it takes only 2 whistles and 10 minutes for the whole process. This is simple rice dish made with very few regular spices.
Also read my other rice recipes here:
Recipe Card for Vegetable Pulao or Vegetable Tehri
Vegetable Pulao/ Vegetable Tehri
- 3 tbsp Refined Oil/ Ghee (clarified butter)
- 3 Medium Potatoes peeled & chopped
- 1 Medium Onion sliced
- 2 Green Chillies Finely Chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1.5 Cup Rice Washed & Soaked for 20 minutes
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves Finely chopped
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 small Carrot Chopped
- 1/2 cup Green Beans chopped
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 6 – 8 Cauliflower Florets chopped
- Wash and soak rice for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil or ghee in a pressure cooker.
- Add bay leaf and cumin seeds. Let it splutter.
- Then add chopped/ sliced onions, ginger garlic paste and saute till onion is translucent.
- Add all chopped vegetables and saute on high flame for 2 – 3 minutes stirring in between.
- Add all spices mentioned. Mix well. Cook for another minute on low flame
- Add soaked rice and mix well. Add water and salt. Mix once and close lid of pressure cooker.
- Cook for 2 -3 whistles maximum. Turn off heat. Serve hot pulao once lid opens.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with raita or curd
- Use Mustard oil or Pure Ghee for better taste.
- Add whole spices ( (1 bay leaf, 2 – 3 cloves, 5 – 6 black peppers, 1/2 inch cinnamon stick or 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder, 2 pods of green cardamom and 3 -3 seeds of black cardamom) if want variation in taste.
- Garnish with fried cashew nuts and raisins.
Here I would request you to read other similar posts like mushroom matar masala, paneer tikka masala, gatte ki sabzi, palak paneer. Also read matar paneer curry, dum aloo, bagara baingan, lauki kofta curry, malai kofta curry, shaam savera curry.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.
PIN IT FOR LATER