This post contains amazon affiliate links.
Air fryer sweet potatoes are perfectly roasted sweet potatoes and in a much quicker way. This is a perfect side dish and an appetizer too.
I love to cook potatoes in my air fryer, starting from roasted potatoes to baked potatoes, Fries, Potato wedges, smashed potatoes, and Potato Hasselback. And trust me those were all delicious. And after making all of them in my tiny looking air fryer, I have almost stopped using my oven.
An oven is good for these dishes but trust me, the air fryer is so magical, it cooks the food similarly but saves a lot of time and energy. And who won’t love the same recipe at 10 minutes time in place of 30 minutes time? I love it. You don’t need to heat up the whole place just to roast or bake some food.
Why air fryer for roasted sweet potatoes?
If you are a beginner at air frying, then let me tell you few points about air fryers here. It cooks the food in the same fashion just like a convection oven. The hot air is blown inside the air fryer by a high-speed fan present on top mostly. At the same time, it cooks food much faster because of its compact size.
Also, please note all air fryer doesn’t cook the same. So timing may vary a little depending on the brand and size of the air fryer we are using. The timing I mention here may or may not be the same for your air fryer.
So use any recipe as a guideline, but observe what is timing for the same recipe in your air fryer. You can expect a plus or minus of 2 – 3 minutes and that is natural as per the functioning of air fryers. Read here my other vegetarian air fryer recipes too.
Why these roasted sweet potatoes are so good?
- sweet potatoes are better and healthier option than potatoes
- Natural sweetness enhances the taste
- Vegan, plant-based, gluten-free
- can customize the spices as per taste
- quick and easy than oven baked
- flavored with Mexican spices
How to make roasted sweet potatoes in an air fryer?
This is one of the simplest recipes. Just clean and dice the sweet potatoes into approximately equal size cubes. Season the sweet potatoes with any seasonings of choice or keep them simple with salt and black pepper only. Here for these roasted sweet potatoes, I’m using Mexican spices like cumin powder, paprika. Garlic powder and onion powder add flavor to the sweet potatoes.
Pour 2 tbsp olive oil and mix them well rubbing the spices and oil mix with the diced sweet potatoes so that they are nicely coated with the spices. To make this oil-free, you can also substitute the oil with vegetable broth.
Preheat the air fryer at 400 F for 4 minutes.. Now add all seasoned sweet potatoes to the air fryer basket. Cook the sweet potatoes at 400 F for 10 minutes till they are cooked perfectly. Toss them halfway at 5 minutes. Don’t overcrowd the basket.
Recipe Card for Air fryer Sweet Potatoes
Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes.
- Peel the skin if required or leave it on.
- Dice into 1/2 inch cubes and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add salt and the seasonings followed by oil to the bowl.
- Mix them all nicely so that all coated with seasonings nicely.
- Preheat the air fryer at 400 F for 4 minutes.
- Now transfer the sweet potatoes to the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 10 – 12 minutes till it's cooked nice and crispy.
- Toss them at 6 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve hot as they softens once cooled.