Looking for a delicious and healthy side dish to serve at your next dinner party? Look no further than air fryer roasted vegetables!
This recipe is easy to follow and results in perfectly roasted veggies every time. Plus, air frying them instead of roasting them in the oven means that they will be low in fat and calories. So dig in and enjoy!
Roasted Vegetables in Air Fryer
Roasting vegetables in an air fryer is a quick and easy way to enjoy a healthy meal. By circulating hot air around the food, an air fryer can create crispy, golden-brown results without the need for oil.
Plus, since air fryers cook food more quickly than ovens, they can help to preserve nutrients that are often lost during the roasting process. When roasted in an air fryer, vegetables retain their natural flavor and texture, making them a delicious and nutritious option for any meal.
This cooking method is especially well suited for root vegetables or soft vegetables. Keep the skin on or peel as the recipe demand. And chop the vegetables into uniform pieces, toss with olive oil and your favorite spices, and air fry at 400 degrees for 15-25 minutes.
While making vegetables in the air fryer, you can choose to roast them together or individually. Here is a collection of all air fryer vegetables that you can cook individually. Also check my similar recipe for air fryer fajita veggies.
Whether you are looking for a weeknight dinner option or a healthy side dish, air fryer roasted vegetables are sure to please.
Why will you love these mixed air fryer roasted vegetables?
- air fryer roasted vegetables are a healthy and delicious side dish
- this recipe is easy to follow and results in perfectly roasted veggies every time
- air frying them instead of roasting them in the oven means that they will be low in fat and calories
- these are vegan, plant-based, and gluten-free. Can be customized to make oil-free for the WFPB diet.
- can add flavor with your desired seasonings
- quick nutritious side dish takes less than 30 minutes
- serve as a side dish or as a healthy low-calorie meal
My favorite vegetables to roast in the air fryer:
- red onions
- bell peppers
You can also add brussels sprouts, asparagus, potatoes, and any vegetables you want to add.
Ingredients you will need-:
Vegetables of choice (or mentioned in the ingredients list of recipe card)
Seasonigs - garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, parsley, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper
Olive oil - or avocado oil, or any neutral cooking vegetable oil. No aerosol cooking spray in the air fryer as it will spoil the coating of the basket. Olive oil adds nice flavor to the vegetables.
How to cook the vegetables in the air fryer?
Cooking vegetables in the air fryer is a quick and easy way to get a healthy meal on the table.
The key is to choose vegetables that are dense and have high water content. This will help them to cook evenly and prevent them from drying out or burning the soft vegetables.
Start by scrubbing the vegetables clean and then cutting them into uniform bite-sized pieces.
Next, toss the vegetables with a bit of olive oil and your favorite seasonings.
Preheat the air fryer to 400F for 3 minutes.
Then, place them in the air fryer basket, possibly in a single layer. But it's okay if they overlap also. Make sure not to overcrowd the basket for uniform cooking.
Start the air fryer at 400 F for 15 - 20 minutes until they are tender and golden brown. Keep shaking the basket every 4 minutes for uniform cooking. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
Timing may vary by 3 - 5 minutes with the air fryer types and also depending on the doneness you want in the vegetables. Again the larger cuts will have a little more time than the average cuts.
Storage and leftovers
Any food tastes best when cooked and served immediately. However, if any leftover, you can surely refrigerate the air fryer roasted vegetables for good 5 days if stored properly in an air tight container closed with a lid.
To reheat, transfer the leftover veggies to the air fryer basket. Give them a little oil spray and toss once. Start the air fryer at 380 F and cook for 4 - 5 minutes. Air fryer cooks the leftover food also in great way. So you will enjoy equally delicious leftover veggies.
Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables
- 1 Tong
- 1 Cooking spray
- 1 small zucchini sliced into 2 inch pieces, skin-on
- 1 small squash sliced into 2-inch pieces, skin-on
- 2 cups broccoli florets bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup cauliflower florets bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium carrot peeled and 1/2 cup sliced
- 7 - 8 mushrooms diced into halves or quarters depending on the size of mushrooms
- 1/2 cup peppers diced, any pepper
- 1 medium red onions diced roughly
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¾ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ - ½ tsp cayenne pepper as per taste
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¾ tsp salt to taste
- 1 - 1½ tbsp olive oil sub- avocado oil or any neutral cooking oil
- Scrub the vegetables clean.
- And then cut them into uniform bite-sized pieces.
- Place the veggies in a large mixing bowl.
- Next, toss the vegetables with a bit of olive oil and your favorite seasonings.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F for 3 minutes.
- Then, place them in the air fryer basket, possibly in a single layer.
- Start the air fryer at 400 F for 15 - 20 minutes until they are tender and golden brown.
- Keep shaking the basket every 4 minutes for uniform cooking.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
If you like the recipes and want to stay updated, subscribe via email. Also, I would request you to like and share my Facebook Page. Follow My Dainty Kitchen on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
PIN IT FOR LATER
Leave a Comment (And a 5 Star Rating)