Make this crispy and tender oven-roasted broccoli as a quick side or as a healthy appetizer with your favorite dip. Broccoli florets are flavored with garlic, salt, and pepper and roasted in the oven till tender with charred edges.
Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable that is dark green in color and looks similar to those of the cauliflowers. This is because they belong to the same family. All cruciferous vegetables are packed with lots of nutrients and are healthy superfoods.
Broccoli is a low-carb vegetable and is perfect for a keto diet and for any other diet. This is perfect for any soups (green goddess soup, broccoli mushroom soup), appetizers/snacks (broccoli buffalo wings, broccoli tater tots), or for a keto recipe (broccoli cheese soup). Check out my vegan broccoli recipes.
Oven Roasted Broccoli
This oven-roasted broccoli is an easy and quick recipe. We don't need any fancy ingredients to make this roasted broccoli. This is a vegan and gluten-free. The seasonings are very simple with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. You can also rub it with minced garlic instead of ground garlic. Also, you can add other seasonings of your choice. For a kick of heat, add a pinch of cayenne pepper or paprika.
You can also air fry the broccoli in less than 8 minutes in the air fryer. Here is my air fryer broccoli recipe. If you are not vegan then you can serve them some real parmesan cheese on it.
Broccoli Florets - Get brighter florets. Remove the hard stems of the broccoli otherwise, it will be difficult to chew. Florets will get cooked quicker than the stems.
Garlic powder - can also add fresh garlic minced.
Olive oil - Extra virgin
Salt - Essential ingredients for taste.
In a bowl add clean broccoli florets. Add olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Toss the broccoli florets with the seasoning mixture. Add garlic generously as this will add flavor to this roasted broccoli. You can also add minced garlic in place of garlic powder.
Now preheat oven at 400°F (200°C) for 2 minutes. Spread the seasoned broccoli florets evenly. Don't overcrowd the pan. They will shrink in size after being cooked though.
Now place the pan in the oven and roast at 425°F (220°C) for 12 - 15 minutes. You need to roast on high heat 425°F to 450°F so that the florets will be crisp without the stems being tender and mushy. If your oven has a maximum limit of 400°F (200°C), increase the timing to 20 - 22 minutes.
How long do you roast broccoli in the oven?
The time depends on the size of the broccoli florets along with the temperature you roast them. This also depends on the doneness you need. Some of the standard timings are as follows.
- 375°F (180°C) - for 30 minutes
- 400°F (200°C) - for 20 - 22 minutes
- 425°F (220°C) - for 16 - 18 minutes
- 450°F (232°C) - for 12 - 15 minutes
Tips to Make Perfect Oven Roasted Broccoli
Wash the broccoli properly. Go for brighter green broccoli heads. If you are buying broccoli then plan the recipe on the same day or a maximum of 1 - 2 days. Otherwise, it starts to turn yellowish in color.
Next, dice the broccoli head into bite-sized pieces. I cut the bigger florets vertically into two pieces. And leave the smaller ones as it is. Trim the hard stem parts as much as possible since they won't turn tender easily and make the roasted broccoli chewy.
Cheesy- Make it cheesy with some grated parmesan just after you remove it hot from the oven. If you want vegan, the use of vegan cheese or vegan parmesan for this purpose.
Classic salt and pepper - Just toss the florets with only salt and pepper. Skip chilli flakes.
Italian Flavour - Toss it with Italian seasoning before baking. Then sprinkle some cheese after it's roasted.
Asian Flavour - Toss it with sesame oil and ginger for baking. Sprinkle some roasted sesame seeds.
Korean Teriyaki - Marinate with teriyaki sauce and roast. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Serving ideas for roasted broccoli
- This is a versatile item and goes well in any form. Serve this as snacks or as sides in your menu, this is just delicious.
- If you are on a low-carb diet, then this is a quick snack you can munch.
- Add this roasted broccoli to your salads or to the Buddha bowls. Try this roasted vegetable quinoa salad.
Oven Roasted Broccoli
Oven Roasted Broccoli
- Pre-heat oven at 425°F (220°C) for 2 minutes.
- Wash and chop broccoli head into bite-sized pieces. Trim off the hard stems from the florets.
- Add the florets to a large mixing bowl.
- To the bowl, add seasonings or extra virgin olive oil.
- Toss and rub the broccoli florets with the seasoning and oil.
- Spread the broccoli florets evenly on a baking tray.
- Don't overcrowd the pan.
- Now place the baking tray in the oven and roast at 425°F (220°C) for 12 - 15 minutes or at 400°F (200°C) for 20 - 22 minutes.
- Remove once done and sprinkle some lemon juice (optional) and serve them.
PIN IT FOR LATER