This post contains amazon affiliate links.
Vegan Creamy Broccoli and Kale Soup is a healthy low carb comfort food. Super easy and fun to make with luscious green color. More than anything this is a healthy detoxifying soup for your winters.
I love my rich creamy green soup. I don’t mind calling this a detoxifying green goddess soup. With that, the dark green kale is just mesmerizing. Apart from color, the best part is it’s quick. It took me less than 30 minutes (say 20min or so).
This Creamy Broccoli and kale soup is vegan, gluten-free. I have not added any cream to it. Though it’s consistency is creamy. However, if you want, you can add non-dairy cream to this. If you are not vegan, then add dairy milk. The rest method would be the same.
Broccoli and kale both are considered as superfoods. This dark green cruciferous vegetables are low in carb and recommended for keto diet.
Broccoli is a great source of vitamin K, C, folic acid, potassium, and fiber. It’s helpful in keeping bones and tissues healthier. This acts as an antioxidant and helps to protect our body from free-radicals. There are numerous health benefits of broccoli in fact. I’m making another post on the health benefits of broccoli. Similarly, read the nutritional & health benefits of kale here.
So in this quick soup, we are getting numerous health benefits and thanks to the green colors 😉
- Keto Broccoli and Cheese Soup
- Mix Veggies Peppercorn Soup for Weightloss
- Low carb spinach soup
- Keto Curried Cauliflower Soup
How to make creamy broccoli and kale soup (Vegan)
Broccoli: Take large head broccoli or 5 – 6 cups florets. cut into florets. Don’t throw the whole stem. Only discard the tough base part of the stem. Use the rest of the stem in the soup. This will add extra flavor to the soup. Chop into smaller pieces.
Kale: Take a good bunch of kale. kale leaves will be sauteed and added to the soup. This will give a little crunch to the creamy soup.
Other Vegetables: Add celery stalk. You can also add other greens like spinach, green peas, potatoes (to make creamy). But I have not added any other veggies. (I may modify the soup in future adding some more greens.)
Spices: Here I am using very basic spices like salt and pepper. I like spicy food. So here I have also added cayenne pepper, paprika, and hot sauce. Also use fresh onion, garlic or in flakes.
Step 1: Saute Broccoli
Heat oil. Add onion and garlic and saute till translucent. then add broccoli florets and stems to it. sprinkle salt, pepper, and spices to it. saute for 5 minutes on low flame. Remove 4 – 5 florets for garnish (optional).
Step 2: Simmer and puree broccoli
Now add water or vegetable stock (appx 3 cups) and simmer for another 5 minutes covering with a lid. After 5 minutes or when stems are also well cooked along with florets, puree it finely using a hand blender or in a blending jar. You may strain out the chunks using a fine mesh strainer.
Then simmer it for another 2 minutes. If you want a little vibrant color, you can add green food color. But that is optional. You can also add a few fresh spinach or green peas for a brighter color.
Step 3: Prepare sauteed kale
In the meanwhile heat oil in another pan. Saute onion and garlic. Add kale leaves and sprinkle salt and saute for 5 minutes. Now drizzle 1 tsp lemon juice.
Otherwise, you can also roast in the oven for 5 – 7 minutes for crunchier bites.
Step 4: Assemble, garnish & Serve hot
Now serve broccoli soup. Top it with sauteed kale. Drizzle some olive oil on it and sprinkle chilli flakes.
Vegan Creamy Broccoli and Kale Soup | Green Goddess Soup
Prepare Broccoli Puree
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onion and garlic and saute till translucent.
- Then add broccoli florets and stems to it.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and spices to it.
- Saute for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Remove 4 – 5 florets for garnish (optional).
- Now add water and simmer for another 3 – 5 minutes covering with a lid.
- After 5 minutes, when stems are also well cooked along with florets, add nutritional yeast .
- Then, puree it finely using a immersion blender or in a blending jar.
- You may strain out the chunks using a fine mesh strainer. However this is optional.
- Then simmer it for another 2 minutes.
- You may add non dairy cream here to get a smooth texture. But this is optional.
Saute the kale
- wash and chop kale finely.
- heat oil in a pan.
- Add chopped garlic and saute till translucent.
- Sprinkle some salt and little water.
- Simmer for 3 minutes or till it's cooked.
- In the end add 1 tsp lemon juice and give it a nice stir.
Assemble and Garnish
- Take out broccoli soup in serving bowls.
- Top it with sauteed kale.
- Garnish with some red chilli flakes and some drizzles of olive oil.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my Facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & Instagram @mydaintykitchen. Follow me on Pinterest @mydaintykitchenbyipsa
(Disclosure: This post contains affiliate link which means if you will buy a product through the link shared here, I will get some percentage of commission at no extra cost to you.)
PIN IT FOR LATER