Vegan Broccoli Tater Tots with step by step instructions and photos.
Tater tots are kids favorite. So addition of veggies into will always be an extra advantage. These homemade broccoli tots are super easy to make and also you can store in freezer for weeks.
This is also an easy party appetizer. To make it cheese you may add some grated processed cheese.
I have added mashed potatoes and broccoli. You can make only with broccoli. Normally egg is added to the tots. But since a vegan broccoli tot, I’m not adding any egg, dairy to my tots. So you need some binding agent and substitute of eggs like some flour to shape the tots.
Are broccoli tots healthy?
Veggie tots are considered as healthy alternative to traditional tater tots. To make this low carb eliminate potatoes and bake.
Read my similar recipe of cheesy cauliflower tots.
How to make broccoli tater tots (vegan)?
You need to blanch your broccoli that you will add to make tots. Don’t boil for long. Just blanch it and then dry out using clean kitchen towel or napkin. Squeeze out lightly to get rid of that extra moisture. Then fine chop the florets.
Take boiled and peeled potatoes. grate potatoes to the bowl of chopped broccoli. Add bread crumbs and spices. Mix all ingredients making a dough like mixture. You can also add nutritional yeast to the mixture instead of potatoes.
Now Grease your palms and take out small portion and shape it into small tots. Make all tots similarly. Now pan fry or bake tots. Though baked tot are healthier than pan fried, it tastes equally great with both ways.
Recipe Card For Vegan Broccoli Tater Tots
Vegan Broccoli Tater Tots
- In a saucepan add some water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil.
- Blanch broccoli florets for 3 minutes or till its tender.
- Squeeze out excess water with help of kitchen towel.
- Finely chop broccoli and place in a mixing bowl.
- Grate boiled potatoes in the bowl.
- Add in bread crumbs and all seasonings.
- Mix all ingredients nicely.
- Divide the mixture into small balls.
- Grease palms and shape the balls into tiny tots.
- Add oil generously (5 – 6 tbsp) in a pan.
- Place tots in a batch of 6 – 8.
- Roll it lightly with help of a tong ensuring equally cooked from all ends.
- Remove from pan when turns crisp and golden.
- Place on paper napkin to absorb excess oil.
- Serve hot with any hot sauce or dip.
- Preheat oven at 375 degree F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place tots on tray and brush with some oil
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes till crisp and golden.
- Serve with any sauce or dip of your choice.
PIN IT FOR LATER
Read similar healthy appetizers and finger foods for kids. e.g. paneer corn seekh kabab, potato lollipop, veg shammi kabab, spinach corn sandwich, stuffed bread roll, cheesy potato sandwich, aloo kachori, stuffed paratha like aloo paratha, gobi paratha, paneer paratha.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.