Urad Dal Bonda | Urad Dal Pakoda | Mysore Bonda
Urad dal bonda or Mysore bonda is again one South Indian delicacy. This is actually a quick urad dal fritter.
I’m a huge fan of South Indian cuisine. Especially all breakfast items and snacks. These are all sorted items that will please our taste buds. Again I don’t cook all these items on an everyday basis. So these bring variety to our menu card.
I make South Indian items on weekends especially as these items need little preparation. So I do all preparation on weekends and keep the paste for 2 – 4 days. So on weekdays, you don’t need extra time for preparation.
Read my recipe collections on the blog.
Urad dal bonda or Mysore bonda is basically the deep-fried snack made with urad dal or black gram lentils.
This is made with the same batter that we use to make Medu Vada. These two items are almost same but different places have different ways of making the same item. This is called as Medu Vada in Maharashtra.
Also in Mysore bonda small pieces of coconuts are added. While not all medu vada will have coconut in it. It’s easier form of medu vada in fact for beginners as they don’t need to shape like a donut (with a hole in center 😉 )
Recipe Card For Urad Dal Bonda or Mysore Bonda
Urad Dal Bonda/ Mysore Bonda
- Soak urad dal for 4 hours minimum.
- Then remove from water and blend it to a fine paste.
- Add little water for blending.
- Then remove to a mixing bowl and beat it for 2 – 3 minutes using a spoon or wired whisk.
- Add chopped chillies, ginger, coconut, curry leaves, coriander leaves, salt and cumin seeds.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Drop a spoonful of batter into the hot oil.
- Fry till it's golden and crisp.
- Remove once done and place it on a paper napkin.
- Serve hot with some chutney or samber.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.
PIN IT FOR LATER