This post contains amazon affiliate links.
Cheesy Onion Fritters | Stuffed Kanda Bhajji | Pyaz Pakode with step by step photos.
Kanda Bhajji is a marathi term for onion fritters. Kanda means onion. Bhajji or bajjia is fritter. So this is basically onion fritters.
There are different ways to make onion fritters. Here I have made in two ways: one with cheese Stuffing & Second without cheese. Both are delicious in different way. Ingredients and batter is same for both fritters.
Fritters are normally made with gram flour or besan.
To make it crispy, I always add some rice flour to my fritter batter. Rice flour makes the fritters crispy and hence more tasty.
You can also make fritters with mixture of refined flour and corn flour. Read my recipe of chinese pakoda which is one of the most trending post on blog.
These fritters make awesome snacks for our rainy day tea time or any evening snacks option. Also this is one quick party appetizer for your kitty parties or get togethers.
Well this is not very healthy food option for every day but occasionally we can make these bhajjia or pakode. Kids also love this.
Recipe card for cheesy onion fritters
Cheesy Onion Fritters
- In a mixing bowl take sliced onions.
- Add salt to onions and mix well.
- Let it rest for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Then onion will start releasing water.
- Squeeze out water from onion slice.
- Now add gram flour and rice flour and spices.
- Mix well without adding water first.
- If you feel it's too dry then add little water at a time.
- Make little thicker batter.
- Beat with spoon or wired whisk or best with fingers.
- Take out little portion and keep one piece of cheese cube.
- Cover it with some more onion mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying
- Put stuffed batter in hot oil.
- Repeat for all fritters and drop them in medium hot oil.
- Now fry the fritters till its golden and crisp.
- Remove from heat once done and place on tissue or paper napkin to soak excess oil.
- Serve hot with ketchup or any sauce.
How to make stuffed onion fritters?
In a mixing bowl take sliced onions. Add salt to onions and mix well. Let it rest for 10 – 15 minutes. Then onion will start releasing water.
Squeeze out water from onion slice. Now add gram flour and rice flour and spices. Mix well without adding water first.
If you feel it’s too dry then add little water at a time. Make little thicker batter. Beat with spoon or wired whisk or best with fingers.
Take out little portion and keep one piece of cheese cube. Cover it with some more onion mixture.
Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Put stuffed batter in hot oil.
Repeat for all fritters and drop them in medium hot oil. Now fry the fritters till its golden and crisp.
Kanda Bhajjia in two ways
Second batch of kanda bhajjia I have made are normal ones without cheese stuffing. These are same available as street food. By adding salt it releases water and hence while frying it turns crispy. Also rice flour makes it even more crispy. I will update it in few days as a separate post.
PIN IT FOR LATER
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.