This post contains amazon affiliate links.
Another quick salad recipe for this summers from my dainty kitchen. Here this pasta salad is vegan with lots of roasted veggies added to it. This is a quick and simple summer salad recipe where you don’t need to spend long in the kitchen for preparation or cooking.
This roasted vegetable vegan pasta salad is not only quick but also healthy with loads of nutritious veggies. Here I have taken zucchini and summer squash. Also, onion & garlic add extra flavor to the vegan pasta salad. This is a cold pasta salad for summers that can be stored in the refrigerator.
You can also add some other veggies like eggplants, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, some baked greens also for that crunch in your salad. For protein-punch add baked tofu or crispy tofu or chickpeas.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you make ahead vegan pasta salad?
Yes. You can make this salad ahead of time and refrigerator for 2 days. That’s how it makes a quick dinner idea for those busy weekdays. But best is make it the day or a day before max. If you want you can just make fresh roasted veggies and mix it to refrigerated pasta and add plain seasoning. It will give a taste of fresh pasta salad only.
What is the best pasta for this salad?
For the best pasta salad, use dried pasta instead of fresh pasta. Also, short pasta with nooks and crannies helps to hold up the dressings and herbs more. Some of the best pasta are, fusilli, rotini, penne, farfalle. [Source]. I have taken both penne & fusilli pasta for this cold pasta salad recipe.
When to add dressing to the salad?
If you will wait for the pasta to get cooled completely, it may not absorb the flavor completely. Add half seasoning when it’s still warm. In fact, while boiling pasta, add little more salt so that the pasta will absorb it while boiling and will not taste bland. However, for this roasted pasta salad, I’m adding the hot roasted vegetables to the pasta when it’s still warm. You can serve it when it’s warm.
Recipe Card for Pasta Salad With Roasted Vegetables
Quick Cold Pasta Salad With Roasted Vegetables
- 6 cup dried pasta
- 4 cup water
- 1 tbsp salt
- In a pot or saucepan or pressurecooker heat salted water.
- Add pasta and boil till its cooked soft.
- Overcook little more (not mushy) as it will harden a bit when cooled.
- When cooked, strain out from water and wash with tap water.
- Drizzle a tbsp olive oil and mix well so that it won't start sticking.
Make Roasted Vegetables
- Preheat oven at 200 degree centigrade.
- Chop zucchini and summer squash into bite sized pieces.
- Slice onions and chop other vegetables (if any) you are adding to the pasta salad.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and drizzle olive oil on it.
- Now bake for 10 minutes flipping in between.
Mixing roasted vegetables & pasta
- Once vegetables are roasted, add it to the bowl of pasta.
- Give it a nice stir.
- Mix the veggies to the pasta when it’s still warm.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my Facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & Instagram @mydaintykitchen. Follow me on Pinterest @mydaintykitchenbyipsa
PIN IT FOR LATER
(Disclosure: This post contains affiliate link which means if you will buy a product through the link shared here, I will get some percentage of commission at no extra cost to you.)