Vegan Broccoli Fritters (Gluten-Free)
Read about how to make gluten-free and vegan broccoli fritters. This is one of the healthiest appetizers and snacks that is egg-free and dairy-free. At the same time, these fritters are gluten-free also.
These healthy low carb broccoli hash browns are easy and quick snack and breakfast recipes. It takes less than 30 minutes to make 15 - 20 fritters which may serve up to 3 - 4 people.
Fritters make very satisfying snacking items. I love vegetable fritters as my evening snack. Some fritters are deep-fried. This is a shallow fried fritter and hence this is a healthy snack. You can also bake these fritters to make these even healthier.
Read other similar vegan fritter recipes:
How to make vegan broccoli fritters?
I have kept this little less thick. You may make this little thicker by adding a little more flour. I have added little flour as I wanted more of broccolis in my fritters. Adding little more chickpeas flour binds the batter better.
First, cut out the florets from the stems. In a food processor, chop florets in to really small and make like cauliflower rice. Alternatively, you can use a cheese grater to make riced broccoli. Add a little salt and let it rest for good 5 - 7 minutes.
In the meanwhile, in a bowl take 2 tbsp flax meal and add 6 tbsp warm water. Mix well and let it rest for 5 - 7minutes to make flax eggs.
Then with the help of a muslin cloth squeeze out excess liquid out of it. Put it in a mixing bowl. Add chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, garlic powder (or fresh minced garlic), onion flakes (or finely chopped onions), salt, pepper, paprika, chilies, some spring onions, and chopped cilantro leaves.
You can also add some grated carrots, sweet corns, potatoes, etc to the fritters.
Now mix all ingredients. If required add a tsp oil to the mixture. Mixture should be thick so that we can make patty like fritters.
Heat olive oil in a pan. Take out a small portion from the mixture and make a thin patty like shape. Place it on a hot pan. You can directly plop a heaped tbsp of batter on hot oil and flatten it by pressing lightly.
Cook fritters for good 3 minutes each side on medium-low flame. Otherwise, it will brown soon with uncooked broccoli inside. When done remove from pan and place on a paper napkin to get rid of excess oil.
Serve it with any of your favorite dip. I loved it with any spicy dips.
Recipe Card For Fritters
Vegan Broccoli Fritters
- 2 large Broccoli heads
- 1/2 cup Chickpeas Flour
- 2 tsp Nutritional yeast
- 2 Flax egg
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 small Onion finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Green onions finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Cilantro leaves finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Olive oil for mixture
- 6 - 8 tbsp Olive oil for shallow frying
- Wash broccoli head properly.
- Grate with a large hole cheese grater.
- Place the grated broccoli rice on a napkin.
- Add little salt and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, squeeze out excess water with the help of the napkin.
- Now place the grated broccoli rice in a mixing bowl.
- Make flax egg by adding 2 tbsp flax meal with 2 tbsp hot water.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes to get the slimy egg-like texture.
- Now add in mixing bowl with riced broccoli.
- Add chopped onion, spring onion, green chillies, cilantro leaves, ginger garlic paste, salt, yeast to the bowl of broccoli.
- Also, add chickpeas flour or gram flour.
- Mix all ingredients. No need to add extra water as the it will moisten the mixture.
- Add a tsp olive oil and mix well.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Grease your palm and take a ball sized batter and flatten slightly by pressing with fingers.
- Now place it on hot pan.
- If the patty is too thick, flatten slightly by pressing just after placing it on pan.
- Flip to another side after 2 - 3 minutes.
- Cook both sides till it's golden brown in color.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with any dip of your choice.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.
Leave a Comment (And a 5 Star Rating)