This post contains amazon affiliate links.
Instant Milk Cake | Instant Kalakand
There can’t be a quicker and easy dessert than this instant milk cake. Get the recipe here with step by step photos.
What is milk cake or kalakand?
Kalakand or milk cake is a traditional dessert made with Indian cottage cheese. This is one of the most popular desserts in India. Sweets are commonly made during festivals in India.
Milk cake or kalakand and peda are the most common Indian desserts. These are Indian sweet lover’s delight.
These milk cakes take hardly 5 minutes if you are using store-bought paneer and 15 minutes if you are making paneer or cottage cheese at home.
Traditionally it hakes more than 1 hour to make this kalakand. That also tastes delicious. But honestly when it comes to spending hours stirring milk and thicken it, then curdle to make milk cake. You need to set it for longer to shape it.
But this is an easiest way to make milk cake in just 5 minutes with just 2 ingredients. i.e. condensed milk (milkmaid) and paneer (cottage cheese)
And the magic ingredient is condensed milk. Condensed milk reduces 95% of your hard work. This is already evaporated and has added sweetness to it. So to make milk cake you don’t need to reduce it to curdle.
Also, there is no need to add any sugar as milkmaid comes really sweet.
I have used store-bought paneer for this process. However, you can curdle milk to make paneer for this recipe. Read how to make paneer at home in 15 minutes.
How to make kalakand at home?
Kalakand is a perfect quick dessert for your festivals and celebrations. This is quick and easy to make and makes delicious milk cakes. Milk powder is optional here just to give it a little sweet and richer taste. But you can anyways skip adding milk powder to this.
Step I – Grate paneer first. Add 2 tbsp milk powder to it.
Step II – Heat a pan. Pour in condensed milk.
Step III – Add in grated paneer and milk powder to the pan. Mix well.
Condensed milk will melt by the time. Keep stirring continuously.
Add cardamom powder and chopped dry fruits.
Keep stirring till it thickens and leaves the pan. Now transfer to a greased vessel. Refrigerate and cool to set it completely.
Set it for a 1-hour minimum before cutting it into cubes.
Recipe Card for Instant kalakand with Milkmaid
Instant Milk Cake/ Instant Kalakand
- 400 gms condensed milk
- 500 gms paneer
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp pistachio & almonds
- pinch of saffron strands
- Grate paneer cube finely.
- If you have made paneer at home, crumble it completely so that no larger pieces left in it.
- Heat a pan. Pour in condensed milk in it.
- Add grated paneer and milk powder to it.
- Give it a nice stir.
- Now condensed milk will melt in a minute.
- Add cardamom powder and mix.
- Keep stirring till the time it thickens.
- Once it starts leaving pan and thick enough to make lumps, turn off heat.
- Turn off heat and transfer it to a greased pan.
- Level it up with help of a spatula.
- Sprinkle some finely chopped dry fruits and saffron strands and press it lightly with a spoon.
- Set aside for a minimum of one hour and cool completely.
- Cut it into small pieces once these are cold enough.
- Garnish with some chopped dry fruits silver.
Read Other Indian desserts like lauki halwa, rice pudding, sabudana kheer, vermicelli kheer, kheer puda, apple halwa on the blog. I really make very fewer desserts at home just to avoid those calorie portions.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.
PIN IT FOR LATER