Paan Coconut Ladoo Recipe | Gulkand Filled Paan Ladoo
Paan Coconut ladoo filled with gulkand is a perfect quick Indian dessert that took me only 10 minutes or even less than that.
Betel leaf or paan is very popular in India. You will get that any street-side paan shop. I'm very familiar with betel leaves or paan since childhood. My dad was a great fan of paan. These are kept as a mouth freshener in my home.
This Diwali I wanted to share some paan flavored desserts for my friends. But yes I'm a little late in publishing this post. No matter. You can make them on any occasion or even for daily desserts or gatherings. This is an extremely easy and quick recipe that any beginner can cook easily.
A delicious dessert in just 10 minutes. Ohh what do you want more?? A quick dessert is always a lifesaver for parties and get-together. And trust me this will give the feel of both the dessert and a mouth freshener.
To make this Paan Coconut ladoo, you need only 5 ingredients and these are no fancy ingredients. You can get them easily in any Indian kitchen. Well, if you do need to buy bettle leaves in advance. So the magic ingredients are betel leaves, desiccated coconut, condensed milk or milkmaid, gulkand and a tsp ghee (clarified butter). That's all and you will be done with a delicious paan flavored coconut ladoo.
If you are looking for some more dessert recipes, read here.
How To Make Gulkand Filled Paan Coconut Ladoo?
Roughly chop paan leaves. In a blender blend betel leaves with 1 can condensed milk (milkmaid). If you want to add a few drops of green colors if you want a little dark green color.
Now heat a pan and add 1 tsp ghee. Now add desiccated coconut and saute on low flame till it starts to turn a little brown.
Then mix the mixture of paan and milkmaid to the pan. Mix well and saute for 2 - 3 minutes till it thickens and starts leaving the pan.
Take out from the pan and let it cool slightly. Then grease your palms and take out a small portion. Try to flatten this by pressing lightly making a disc.
Now place half tsp gulkand in the center. Bring the edges together making a ball. Roll it making it smooth. Then again roll it on desiccated coconut to give a final touch.
That's all. Now your gulkand filled paan coconut ladoo is ready. Also, add some chopped dry fruits to gulkand to make it richer.
Recipe Card For Paan Coconut Ladoo
Paan Coconut Ladoo (Gulkand Filled)
- Blend betel leaves and condensed milk in blender or food processor.
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan.
- Add desiccated coconut and saute for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Stir continuously else it may turn brown and burn quickly.
- When it starts changing color (after 2 minutes), pour in mixture of milkmaid and betel leaves to the pan.
- Cook for another 2 -3 minutes.
- Condensed milk will melt.
- Keep stirring till it becomes thick again.
- Remove from pan once it becomes thick and leaves the pan.
- Cool it for some time (2 min).
- Grease you palms.
- Take out a small portion.
- Flatten it to a disc by gently pressing with palms.
- In the center, place 1/2 tsp of gulkand.
- Cover all edges in the center making a ball.
- Roll it on desiccated coconut.
- Repeat for all.
- Gulkand filled paan coconut ladoo is ready.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.
PIN IT FOR LATER